Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallons of Blood
the blood overlay on items is cool and leads to some fun detective work, so I'd like it to be caused by more than just chainsawing people etc.

slip and fall into a wall? blood from your nose on your mask or jumpsuit!
attacked with a knife? blood on both you and the attacker's hands, guarenteed! no more chances-of-blood!
splash a beaker of blood on a dude? hurray, he's now a horrid crimer!
snap your fingers so hard your arm comes off? blood soaks anyone who is nearby!

fun
A new simple anticoagulant would be neat; combine with a few less-than-seemly ingredients to get a stronger variety that makes people bleed dry. unsmigghh
Anticoagulant would be an amazing thing to have in the game, particularly for the bar crew.
Anticheese Wrote:Anticoagulant would be an amazing thing to have in the game, particularly for the bar crew.
Put anticoagulant in the drinks, people drink it, start a little bar fight not expecting much, and then they all bleed to death on the bar floor. Metal.
Yes. This would be awesome to have, also agreeing with the anti-coagulant.
I think blood transfusions would be neat but wouldn't make much sense if they just fixed brute damage.

Since this would basically mean that everyone would have to have a internal supply of blood, which if it hits 0 kills you (don't know if that's already the case)

Randomized Blood compatibility would probably have to be a thing, in order to stop people from just grabbing a beaker, filling up several beakers full of blood and becoming "emergency blood supply man jenkins". Perhaps O and AB bloodtypes could be treated as potential round start traits and superpowers for genetics. Though Blood transfusions being a redneck way to offer immediate assistance to other players might be funny. for example barman building up several syringes of blood for when bar fights get too rough.

I suppose picking bloodtype o at roundstart could be sort of a challenge mode, and AB would be easy mode, but that's still kinda dumb.

Alternatively, perhaps bloodlevel could be treated different from brute (physical damage) and the other damage types.

Bloodlevel could decrease or increase brute damage somewhat, but a blood level of 0 is kill, and a blood level of 100 but severe brute damage from being beat with a fire extinguisher is still a problem.

That just makes syptic powder weird though because I'm pretty certain syptic powder stops bleeding IRL, it isn't a cureall for things like it is in goonstation land.
One thing I'd love to see if blood becomes more important is a blood storage locker in the Medbay. It would contain a supply of everyone's blood, in the case they need an emergency resupply. Potentially you could also use the blood to clone them if their body is lost or destroyed.

But mostly I just want to recreate that scene in The Thing where someone sabotages the blood to prevent easy detection.