Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal Jammer and Teleporter Gun
I got Traitor RD and decided to try a gimmick: Collect people in a locker in my office surrounded by buttbots. Spawned a signal jammer, turned it on, locked it in my closet with a teleporter beacon. Spawned the teleporter gun, set the teleporter to my office's beacon, clicked the teleporter gun to synch it. Went into Chemistry, shot a scientist. Nothing happened. The teleporter gun broke before and when I adminhelped about it, was told that the point-blank shot still worked (The gun was later supposedly fixed). I switch to point-blank firing, get the message "Shot X point-blank with the teleporter gun. X was hit by the space-time distortion!", nothing happens. I shoot them again, same message, nothing happens. The other scientist runs out of the room, calls in the HoS, I kill myself with my microbombs in anger.

The HoP apparently then took his hand teleporter and ended up in my locker. He then radio'd that he was locked in. The message was not jammed, and he was rescued. The signal jammer apparently started working again as soon as the locker was opened.
The latter probably has to do with the weird way containers work these days; same reason you're basically deaf from inside a locker/pod/etc? Or maybe it's tied to the reason you hear yourself echo back two or three times when you're talking in a locker/pod/etc.

Either way that jank is broked.
Don't hide it in a locker, hide it in a bush.