Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for Comments: Stealth Nuclear Emergency
Changing the pinpointer to warmer/colder would still be a bit too much help, I think. As it would still be a great visual aid.
If it was more of a device that required some input and then based on that input gave you an approximate location, I think it would be more fair.
Like if the disk was at 60x120y then the device would say it is within 20x70y and 100x170y. But the results should be able to be tuned to be more accurate somehow.
Either by just solving straight up random math problems, or doing some shenanigans with a gps. Or maybe it just steadily grows more accurate over time.
That way hiding it will still give the crew some time before it is found, but it will be found eventually.
Moving the disk a great distance should throw the device off a bit though. But not too much.

Needlessly complicated? I just think that the pinpointer is what wins the game for the agents 99.99% of the time.
So it would be fun if it took some effort to operate efficiently.
I love this idea- perhaps instead of a permanent nuke, the lead syndicate can have a deployable nuke? It would take a minute or so to set up, and it'd come from a station bounced radio.
I like the warmer-colder pinpointer idea as well-the current pinpointer is far too easy for syndis to find the disk.
Also, the items each syndi could get should be non violent (maybe sleepy pen or a suppressed 22 as the most violent item). Like, seven telecrystals maybe? They should spawn as regular traitors with jobs, with a little notification at the beginning of the round that tells you the names of each syndicate (i.e You are a nuclear operative! Your partners are- Donk Co. Leader, aka OMJ Donk 1, so and so and so forth)
This is a great idea,but I don't think it should overtake nuke. It'd be better for this to be a separate round type.
This and syndie B-team are both great ideas.

There'd be the Tactical Infiltration Team, the guys the Syndicate send in to sneakily sabotage NT's shit, the Syndie Suicide Squad, the usual red-suited explosion maniacs they use when they're desperate, and the Auxiliary Agent Assembly, which is a fancy name for the bottom-of-the-barrel guys they throw at NT when they don't have any money left to do any real damage.
Guys, do we even need a disk anymore? What if the nuke could be activated by a biometric fingerprint scanner? After all, limbs are removable now.
Whats to stop the captain from just destroying his corpse or removing both of his arms and then disposaling them.
To avoid what was said above about unfortunate syndies being caught with their gear real early and pinned as members, they could simply have a Spawn Stealth Gear button I think. Means it's then their fault if they get nabbed.
GuntherHermann Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:So if the syndies are spawning on station that would mean they would have normal names? Like when syndies use DNA scramblers? See the problem with that is always no one had anyway of knowing if they are a syndie or not. Some people don't have problems killing a random person just because they look suspicious but some like me just don't do that and that is why the DNA scramblers fuck stuff up alot. I mean in syndie rounds you can ask people to take off their masks to see who they are but if they are scrambled they have nothing. It's fine with normal traitors since they aren't going to be nuking the station but syndies can end rounds with DNA scramblers within 5 minutes. I dunno what can be done about that though if the syndies in this round mode would be normal people.

the entire suggestion is about a stealth syndie mode

i'm not sure how they're going to be able to be stealthy if they spawn as SYNDIE-TECH OPERATIVE #1

"um guys my fellow botanist just with the name spawned as mega donk operative #2 i think its stealth syndie round"
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
GuntherHermann Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:So if the syndies are spawning on station that would mean they would have normal names? Like when syndies use DNA scramblers? See the problem with that is always no one had anyway of knowing if they are a syndie or not. Some people don't have problems killing a random person just because they look suspicious but some like me just don't do that and that is why the DNA scramblers fuck stuff up alot. I mean in syndie rounds you can ask people to take off their masks to see who they are but if they are scrambled they have nothing. It's fine with normal traitors since they aren't going to be nuking the station but syndies can end rounds with DNA scramblers within 5 minutes. I dunno what can be done about that though if the syndies in this round mode would be normal people.

the entire suggestion is about a stealth syndie mode

i'm not sure how they're going to be able to be stealthy if they spawn as SYNDIE-TECH OPERATIVE #1

"um guys my fellow botanist just spawned with the name mega donk operative #2 i think its stealth syndie round"
i messed up so here is the fix. lets pretend it was not wrong above
Personally I think some of the ideas in this thread should be incorporated into the ACTUAL nuke-op mode.

Like someone said previously, the pin-pointer as it stands seems a bit lame, replacing it with the heat style pinpointer would actually drag out the nuke-op round a little. Normally "dragging a round" out is bad, but in this case, it's good because nuke-op rounds normally end with the captain dying too damn quickly.
I've always preferred the idea of nuke being deployable and being moved to the station (possibly with a cargo transporter, or via a pod) instead of "ha-ha we got the disk, now err'body's going to die". Would be far more thrilling imo.

As far as this new suggested mode: You have my approval. This sounds what Spy should be, if you get it just right.
I adore the idea of them meeting up, unlocking their shit with the code that they all share, and then undergoing their plans. Here's my suggestions
1. I don't think they should have a headset or pda contact. I think at round start they should be given a destination (somewhere that all can access) and a time to meet such as
"Meet at the Jazz room at 05:00". Seems way more stealth-like. From there, they can hatch a plan, and get a secure link between them. Would actually be useful now to hack headsets.
2. I support Weavels idea about having a special emote. Give them an agent card (aswell as the heatseeker pinpointer) at round start too, as suggested. Incorporate the emote into the agent card, so that the emote only works if you are wearing the agent card. Something like *syndi should do the trick. Make it randomised each round would be pretty funny.
Sundance Feely shifts his eyes back and forth, flipping a silent bird
3. As far as the Syndicate up-link radio is concerned I'm going to go out on a limb and say that All job specific items are accessible. To balance this, only 20 tele-crystals are allocated for the team of 6
If they want to go slightly un-stealthy and get shotguns, then that's fine but they'll only have 2 between all of them. They'll need to pick their items wisely.
My 2c.Replace spy with this
atomic1fire Wrote:Whats to stop the captain from just destroying his corpse or removing both of his arms and then disposaling them.

Because that would be meta-gaming and would be bannable. It would be fucking awesome if you could KO the captain, put him on a table, saw off his arm, and then go press it to the scanner and set off the nuke.
Sundance Wrote:Personally I think some of the ideas in this thread should be incorporated into the ACTUAL nuke-op mode.

Like someone said previously, the pin-pointer as it stands seems a bit lame, replacing it with the heat style pinpointer would actually drag out the nuke-op round a little. Normally "dragging a round" out is bad, but in this case, it's good because nuke-op rounds normally end with the captain dying too damn quickly.
I've always preferred the idea of nuke being deployable and being moved to the station (possibly with a cargo transporter, or via a pod) instead of "ha-ha we got the disk, now err'body's going to die". Would be far more thrilling imo.

This is the problem with nuke mode as it currently stands - the syndicates have an impenetrable fortress from which they can strike with almost-guaranteed impunity. Way back when, the syndicates used to spawn on-station with their gear and nuke ready to go outside of the toxins research lab. The problem with that was that the toxins researcher (now "scientist" would always poke his head out to see if they were there at the beginning of the round, before they were able to get set up.

Sundance Wrote:As far as this new suggested mode: You have my approval. This sounds what Spy should be, if you get it just right.
I adore the idea of them meeting up, unlocking their shit with the code that they all share, and then undergoing their plans. Here's my suggestions
1. I don't think they should have a headset or pda contact. I think at round start they should be given a destination (somewhere that all can access) and a time to meet such as
"Meet at the Jazz room at 05:00". Seems way more stealth-like. From there, they can hatch a plan, and get a secure link between them. Would actually be useful now to hack headsets.
2. I support Weavels idea about having a special emote. Give them an agent card (aswell as the heatseeker pinpointer) at round start too, as suggested. Incorporate the emote into the agent card, so that the emote only works if you are wearing the agent card. Something like *syndi should do the trick. Make it randomised each round would be pretty funny.
Sundance Feely shifts his eyes back and forth, flipping a silent bird
3. As far as the Syndicate up-link radio is concerned I'm going to go out on a limb and say that All job specific items are accessible. To balance this, only 20 tele-crystals are allocated for the team of 6
If they want to go slightly un-stealthy and get shotguns, then that's fine but they'll only have 2 between all of them. They'll need to pick their items wisely.
My 2c.Replace spy with this

My problem with a set meeting place (even if there are several, such as crew quarters, bar, jazz room, weight room, sauna, etc.) is that specifying where they should meet up lends itself to metagaming. Either from a shithead "gotta win" AI who watches those locations like a hawk for the first several minutes or from casual shitheads walking by the areas to "see what's going on." Even if you provide enough options, all the possibilities will be under watch from metagamers. Allowing the players to decide where to meet up organically makes it much harder to metagame.

On the topic of syndicate emotes -- should they appear differently to non-Syndicates? For example:

Joe Shit shakes hands with Doug Dumbo. << as seen by regular crew
Joe Shit takes Doug Dumbo's hand, lightly tickling his wrist and pressing with his thumb. << as seen by Joe Shit and Doug Dumbo

There'd have to be several, obviously, so that people that shake hands aren't immediately under suspicion, but the illustration is there.
Honestly this would probably be better off as an outright replacement for spy rather than a straight up different mode.

Also does anyone else think it'd be hilarious if there was a % chance during these rounds that they ended up sending both nuke teams, turning it into a race to see who can detonate their nuke first?

Stealth team A is meeting up in the jazz lounge when suddenly some RPGs slam into the wall and blast Agent Gibs to bits, the crew starts screaming about redsuits attacking as the agents realize someone fucked up at syndie command, and they're disguised as the crew the redsuits were sent to annihilate.

Suddenly it's turned into a race to see who can arm their bomb first and the agents to get out of dodge before they're turned to a fine pile of ash.

*cough* But on the actual topic, Yes. Forever yes. Anything that adds more stealth modes to the game, terrible rampages and obvious traitors just end up in either long drawn out boring rounds or short terrible ones.
I suggest removing detomatrix cartridges from the syndicate radio. Those things REALLY end a round fast. Once as captain about 15 seconds into the round I blew up inside my office unable to get out (it blew the APC). Waiting for somebody to get me out I was RPG'D to face. Round was over at around 8 minutes.
Klayboxx Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Whats to stop the captain from just destroying his corpse or removing both of his arms and then disposaling them.

Because that would be meta-gaming and would be bannable. It would be fucking awesome if you could KO the captain, put him on a table, saw off his arm, and then go press it to the scanner and set off the nuke.

I was also going to suggest a tier contingency system. Can't get the Captain's arm? Get the arms of two other heads. Can't get them, get three sec officers. Not enough sec? Get ten normal crew arms.

And in case you don't want to actually remove the arm, you could just grab the body, then click on the console.
Mosheninkov Wrote:My problem with a set meeting place (even if there are several, such as crew quarters, bar, jazz room, weight room, sauna, etc.) is that specifying where they should meet up lends itself to metagaming. Either from a shithead "gotta win" AI who watches those locations like a hawk for the first several minutes or from casual shitheads walking by the areas to "see what's going on." Even if you provide enough options, all the possibilities will be under watch from metagamers. Allowing the players to decide where to meet up organically makes it much harder to metagame.
I see your point, I've changed my mind about it.. I still don't think starting off with a headset to contact them directly sounds agent-y enough.
Now that I think about it, PDA messaging would be good, because it actually keeps the messages on the PDA, forcing the agent to cover their tracks.

Mosheninkov Wrote:On the topic of syndicate emotes -- should they appear differently to non-Syndicates? For example:

Joe Shit shakes hands with Doug Dumbo. << as seen by regular crew
Joe Shit takes Doug Dumbo's hand, lightly tickling his wrist and pressing with his thumb. << as seen by Joe Shit and Doug Dumbo

There'd have to be several, obviously, so that people that shake hands aren't immediately under suspicion, but the illustration is there.

Sounds fine like that tbh!

On the topic of what stuff the agents should have access to I've compiled a list:
Trick Cigarettes
Fake Moustache
Detomatrix Cartridge
Chameleon Suit
Syndicate Donk Pockets
Stealth Container
Strange Seed
Revolver Box
Freedom Implant
Agent Card
Electromagnetic Card (Cryptographic Sequencer)
Chemistry Grenade Kit
Prototype Cloaking Device
Sleepy Pen
Voice Changer
EMP Grenades
Tactical Grenades
Chameleon Projector
Jug of Moonshine
Stimulants
Miniature Crossbow
Power Sink
Amplified Vuvuzela
Signal Jammer
Derringer
Syndicate Robot
Syndicate Device Scanner
Syndicate Sauce
Syndicate Cleaner Grenades
Trash Compactor
Floor Closet
Sonic Grenades
Syringe Gun
Surplus Crate
Syndicate Cargo Transporter
Power Gloves
Moustache Grenade
Microbomb Implant
Poison Bottle
DNA Scrambler
.22 Pistol Box
Wrestling Belt
Safari Kit
.38 AP speedloader
Teleport Gun
What's not there:

Cloaking Device
Mindslave Implant
Syndicate Pipe Bomb
Chameleon Projector
Butcher's Knife
Cyalume Saber
Red Chainsaw
Bowling Kit
Mining Charge Hacker
Basically, the omitted list is explosives, and these guys shouldn't be about explosives. They shouldn't be about shotguns either, and stuff that's outright rampage (cyalume, butcher, chainsaw) is omitted. Chameleon projector is a given (don't want the entire team being invisible and funking up the captain, the same goes to bowling kit, seen as it's so cheap you could have 4-5 bowlers on a team, that sounds crazy op) Also mindslave implants.