Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make fire not terrible
After a quite honestly fun traitor chaplain round with the objective to BURN IT ALL DOWN, I've noticed that fire is not particularly powerful. I set up three plasma canisters to be pumped into various locations with hidden lit flames and it works quite nicely as all three areas were burning white hot within thirty seconds.

What that really does, though, is not a lot; The fire scuffs up the floor tiles, breaks the lightbulbs, ignites any paper/cash lying around, and denies anyone from passing through. Unless you're afk or incapacitated in the area before the fire starts, you can pretty much ignore it until it burns itself out. I think that that's pretty lame, considering how big of a deal a fire is irl (In Real Life).

Maybe let the plating on walls melt off, tables, computers, etc. will all melt too. I'm not too sure making fire spread through the metal walls would make much sense or make it overpowered, but any sort of spread at all would be an improvement.
Fire isn't terrible if you make actual gas mixes. Straight up plasma will consume all the oxygen in the room super quickly and the fire will die because of that. Also, if the fire is hot enough, it'll melt literally everything.
Yeah if you're mixing stuff in toxins you can get that shit so hot that eventually even reinforced walls won't keep the heat back and adjacent rooms will superheat too. If you don't have internals that shit'll burn your lungs out. And even then, it can quickly get hot enough to actually hurt you, even if there's no fire in the room with you. Just imagine what a fire like that does to you if you're actually in it.
So your saying in order to be a real jerk, someone should leak a mixture of oxygen and plasma then set that on fire.
atomic1fire Wrote:So your saying in order to be a real jerk, someone should leak a mixture of oxygen and plasma then set that on fire.

If by real jerk you mean God of a new star, then yes.
Fire is pretty powerful and spreads in a reasonable manner (compared to all over the damn station like it used to) so I don't think this is a valid "complaint".