Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling ability: Lurk
Basically phase shift for long, but here's the catch: it only works on solid floors. Once used, the ling rips through the floor (altering the sprite) and can dig for several seconds. Once it expires, they rip out of the floor (altering the sprite, playing a sound, and displaying text to anyone in sight.

I was trying to find a video of the were mole from courage the cowardly dog for an example but I can't.
it'd be funnier if instead of phaseshifting they instead could just hide themselves under the floor and pop back up at a time of their choosing

security gathers to discuss the changeling hunt and just as they're finalizing their plan, the changeling, which has been listening the whole time, pops out from under a floor tile and transforms into an Abomination

in order to keep this from just making them invincible you'd have to be able to ferret them out by crowbarring up the tiles or something
Yeah I think it'd be hilarious if they could just hide under floor tiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIsywMcIsOo
I'd be cool with this if they could only do it while in Abomination Form. Maybe also make it so they can pull someone down into the floor with them if they step on the same tile, like an antlion.

While we're talking about Changeling abilities, does anyone else think headspider should be changed/removed? I haven't seen one actually take over someone in forever, since everyone knows about it and will either take care of it, or just kill themselves before the change out of spite.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I'd be cool with this if they could only do it while in Abomination Form. Maybe also make it so they can pull someone down into the floor with them if they step on the same tile, like an antlion.

While we're talking about Changeling abilities, does anyone else think headspider should be changed/removed? I haven't seen one actually take over someone in forever, since everyone knows about it and will either take care of it, or just kill themselves before the change out of spite.

Whenever I get headspidered I actually run away from people trying to get it out of me smile
I think the idea of a changeling being able to take forms other than humans is a good idea, Perhaps if you were able to hide on the ground people who walked over you would slip, suggesting you were a liquid.
turn the changeling into a rockworm + let him burrow in asteroids

but in all seriousness we need more floor-related stuff, this is a good idea
Will it effect erebite floors?
Klayboxx Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I'd be cool with this if they could only do it while in Abomination Form. Maybe also make it so they can pull someone down into the floor with them if they step on the same tile, like an antlion.

Whenever I get headspidered I actually run away from people trying to get it out of me smile

Headspider should have some kind of mindslave effect
Pigbear1 Wrote:I think the idea of a changeling being able to take forms other than humans is a good idea, Perhaps if you were able to hide on the ground people who walked over you would slip, suggesting you were a liquid.

The lion spits acid at you! Holy shit!
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:

Headspider should have some kind of mindslave effect
Yeah getting head spidered should give you a mindslave message to not speak of it and to stay alive.
KikiMofo Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:a shovel (for digging)
Yeah getting head spidered should give you a mindslave message to not speak of it and to stay alive.
^^^ THIS.