Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect mechanics components to wired network and voice coms
I talked to Keelin about this but he was very busy so I will write these ideas here for reference.

Two new parts for the MechComp dispenser:

Voice Comms Component -
You set a frequency for this component (ex. 145.9)
It will send/receive on this frequency like a wifi component, but instead of data it will handle voice, much like a microphone or speaker.
Settings will include the frequency, "Toggle Show-Source" as per the microphone, and the ability to disable send, receive, or both.
This allows you to pass voice data on to the other components as a message, or broadcast data as voice over the radio.
uses: remotely voice controlled equipment, automated broadcasting, broadcast voice disguiser, etc.

Wired Network Component -
Attaches to a data terminal like a wired computer or packet sniffer and receives a network address from the mainframe. Can be set to sniff all packets or just those addressed to it I guess?
Example uses would include the control of wired-network hardware like Hemera APCs, nuclear charges, etc. OR this would allow controlling mechanical components via DWAINE programs and computers.
Another thing that would be really cool would be a monitor component so that it could be viewed like a computer screen by clicking on it.