Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you consider loading up one of the old stations?
Now I'm not going to pretend I know anything about coding in this game but I just have to ask this. I remember a year or two back when they loaded up donut again and we played on that while waiting for the new map to get done. I was talking with someone and talking about the great times we had on donut and it brought so many good memories. At the moment I'm bored of the new station and thought it would not hurt to bring this up. Tell me your thoughts I get why we could not go back to donut with all the new changes I'm sure it would conflict things in the code and what not
They're getting ready to implement a newer map, so maybe they'll end up bringing back cogmap as a halloween thing.
A problem here is that the previous stations used the singularity engine and the singularity has been banished to code purgatory.
Although it might take a crapload of work and not entirely be worth it at all. What if they took devstation and just replaced atmos with the generator.

I don't actually know how much space it would take or the workload, so if there's a better map to do that in I have no idea.
What they'd probably end up doing is just fill the SMES cells up more than usual to let them last longer. When we went back to Donut 1.0 for Halloween that one time we didn't import the singularity engine over, and that plasma engine sure as hell didn't actually do anything.
The code has changed significantly, and the changes to BYOND itself mean that those maps have a lot of errors that would need banishing for this to work.
Personally I'm fine if I never see those maps again. They were cramped as hell anyway.

Might be kinda cool to see bits and pieces brought back as new telesci locations, maybe, if we ever add anymore of those. It worked with Mars Station, after all.
Crumplehat Wrote:Personally I'm fine if I never see those maps again. They were cramped as hell anyway.

Might be kinda cool to see bits and pieces brought back as new telesci locations, maybe, if we ever add anymore of those. It worked with Mars Station, after all.

The site of the "Outpost Zeta" wreck, lost to all due to spatial tears.
Too many old things are broken or dead now, it'd be a fairly big project to get all the old maps to be compatible with the current codebase again.