Rue Libbe for HOS
Usual Character Name: Rue Libbe
BYOND Username: RU 187 261 LIB
Times Available: Eastern

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
As a mentor but previously infrequent security player, I did not at the time of my mentor application feel ready to apply for the job of Head of Security. I have been playing security a few rounds now on the higher population server to get a refresher on the job, and feel that I am ready to take that next step up from Mentor and play a similar leadership and guidance role in-game for the security forces.

As Head of Security I will balance my two main irritations with the game: terrible security players and rampaging traitors. As much as possible I will try to guide Security down the path of non-awfulness, but will not hesitate to demote or imprison terrible officers. I feel that demotion is a good way to handle these guys in game, as you get to see them be all butt-hurt about losing their petty power for the rest of the round. Rampage traitors will be dealt with as best as possible, but I will not try to be a super-cop and hunt down every reported traitor with a riot gun or anything like that – the job of Head of Security as I see it is more of a leadership or specialty role and I look forward to the opportunity to guide my officers towards good play, and encourage public trials of various sorts, and strange and appropriate punishments as best as possible.

On a station with no judge and no lawyers and a useless Captain, the Head of Security is in place to make sure everything is kosher and no one gets banned. I want to be that last level of checks and balances to make sure that hopefully things don’t escalate to the point of SECURITY IS SHIT adminhelps flooding the channel. Security isn’t meant to be a bunch of uniformed griefers beating up everyone who crosses their path and bucklecuffing them in solitary!

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Security on the high-population server especially is often a suicide mission. I feel like Security is a sanctioned role for those players who want to be as paranoid as possible, hoarding guns and medkits and wearing internals 24/7 and carrying stacks of sheet metal everywhere – the doctors have terrible access, the engineers don’t really do anything, a lot of the time Security is the free hand for damage control, medical response, and everything else as far as emergency services go. I am more likely to grab a stack of metal and a firesuit than load up on flashbangs. It’s not a role for people who want to play this conservatively and avoid dangerous situations – Security is a role for people who want to gear up and run towards the screams and explosions.
A good example of this was today, when I heard reports that the Chapel was full of maneaters and went to respond with nothing but a stun baton and taser as I did not have time to grab a flame weapon. What I did have time to grab was 50 sheets of metal – as the botanist tried to urge his rampaging brood into the corridors to eat even more people than they already had, I walled off the hallways by the bar as best I could, then r-walled as much of a bridge as I could. I didn’t worry about being super cop and sperging out over lingering there and plugging every tile and tunnel, I just sealed it shoddily, heard that it was holding pretty well from the AI, and moved on.
Later in the round as I headed for the escape shuttle, I got eaten by a maneater who had come down through the maint tunnels or QM area or something. That was ok, it happens like that when you’re playing security.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

The current setup is pretty solid, the new access to the podbay, the way the HoS office connects to the bridge, these are all excellent things. I am also a pretty big fan of the parole chutes and timers and other things to make the brig a little less of a murdering ground. Honestly maybe some kind of inmate processing chute that would strip them, put their possessions into a labeled package, and put them in an orange jumpsuit would make things easier for routine short term briggings.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):

ADMINS PLZ ADD SHREK AS PLAYABLE CLASS

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I was banned for a long time after I was deadminned years ago, I don't really remember details, maybe a few other times, still have an old jobban from Captain on one of the servers but that's more of a good thing than a bad thing.
PS:

The other thing I really want to see for Sec in their secondary firefighter role is a firefighting vending machine for fire suits, hard hats, and most importantly 40mm firefighting and metal foam grenades. SHOOT THOSE FIRES AND HULL BREACHES.
rulib Wrote:ADMINS PLZ ADD SHREK AS PLAYABLE CLASS
Give this nerd a shot.

rulib Wrote:The other thing I really want to see for Sec in their secondary firefighter role is a firefighting vending machine for fire suits, hard hats, and most importantly 40mm firefighting and metal foam grenades. SHOOT THOSE FIRES AND HULL BREACHES.
Yes please.
The only time I've ever seen you was when you were captain earlier tonight. In that round, you charged in the door without a word and immediately opened fire on me with lethal lasers, based entirely on a single radio report that I was a ling and the fact that I was dragging a corpse with me when you busted in. No husks, no missing people, no proboscis, just one guy screaming "BARMAN IS A LING" over the radio once. Now, I actually was a ling and I actually did kill that guy (though I had a good excuse you never gave me the opportunity to give), but I feel like a good HoS probably shouldn't immediately kick in the door and murder someone without a word as soon as the person is accused of being an antag. You absolutely came off as a supercop determined to hunt down every reported traitor that round, and when I made a run for it, I've never seen anyone go on as relentless a chase as you did.
I haven't seen much of you, but then again these days nobody sees much of me. From your application you seem like a really chill, solid player, and the information I have gained about you in game confirms this. Go ahead and give this nerd the beret.
Sure, we need more hos players. He'd be fine.