Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Thread of Small Suggestions
There's undoubtedly a ton of small quality of life changes that would make the game so much better. Rather than making an individual thread for all of them, I figured it might be a good idea to post em here. I've got a few already to get this shindig started.

Syringes
You're using a syringe to draw medicine from a bottle. You remove 5 units, 5 more, 5 again, and WHAM. The syringe automatically sets itself from DRAW to INJECT. This would work the opposite way too, where an empty one automatically switches to DRAW. Manually switching would still work, but I feel this would be amazing.

Cameras
Being the AI can be lame when everyone sets up a base on the ice moon or your cameras are exploded. Why not let the crew build new ones? Metal -> Camera frame mount that, add cables, and bam.

Reagent Scanners
A non-PDA variant of the reagent scanner. There's a version for the health and T-Ray scanners, so why not for the reagent scanner, too? Currently only science has access to them, they aren't even at carty party.

Splashing Stuff
"You splash all the contents of the beaker onto the Toggle Internals!" More of a bug, but whatever, this just shouldn't happen. For those who don't understand, you are able to splash beakers onto your UI. Somehow.

Rocket Shoes
Allow for them to be refilled like regular oxygen tanks, that way we don't have to strap new tanks to em' all the time!

Booze
Allow regular crew members to "kind of" identify what they're drinking, but only cocktails. IE for Triple Citrus "The fruity drink tastes absolutely splendid." Would make barmen happy because people can identify their handywork.

Ice Cream Sandwiches
"This is a Vanilla ice cream sandwich on plain bread." It would be cool to see Bread Slice + Ice Cream + Bread Slice actually produce an ice cream sandwich.

Cigarettes
The ability to inject cigs with chemicals, could be balanced by having them say the name of all reagents contained when examined, like pro-puffs.

Bank Accounts
Have bank accounts open the account that the name on the card correlates to, not the card itself. Would make syndicate ID cards still allow you to use ATMs.
Yes.

Yes to all of these.
yes to all but i'd like to point out that um

Quote:Reagent Scanners
A non-PDA variant of the reagent scanner. There's a version for the health and T-Ray scanners, so why not for the reagent scanner, too? Currently only science has access to them, they aren't even at carty party.

you can buy the medical scanner for your pda at carty party and that contains a reagent scanner under "file browser"
AffableGiraffe Wrote:yes to all but i'd like to point out that um

Quote:Reagent Scanners

you can buy the medical scanner for your pda at carty party and that contains a reagent scanner under "file browser"

Didn't know there was one in the medical pack. Huh. Well, the more you know! Thanks for the tip!
FishDance2 Wrote:Bank Accounts
Have bank accounts open the account that the name on the card correlates to, not the card itself. Would make syndicate ID cards still allow you to use ATMs.

Problem with this is that it's possible for more than one person with the same name to exist, eg. two bill baileys.
why do you even need cards to access bank accounts anyway? you should be able to access them just by plugging in your name and PIN number

that way you wouldn't lose all your money if you had to get a replacement ID card
Improvised utensils please

You cut the pizza with the... wirecutters? Gnarly.

You violently bash the lightly-fried Philip Farmer-meat cake with the wrench! Not much is salvageable...

You cut the. 38 bullet out of Bob Pubbs with the kitchen knife! Wow that's a bad idea!!
Bob Pubbs starts bleeding profusely!
Jousting lances I can use while riding a segway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... iNM389cbns
While the camera idea is nice, the problem is that even if they were built, you would have to pick them from the list; you wouldn't be able to just arrow over to them because they wouldn't be coded in like the existing network was (and that already has its share of issues).
I really would like to see a new method of moving about the different camera's on the station and possibly making more. Until then, maybe make it so that Roboticists can construct more AI shells? Those things are practically mobile cameras anyway.
Make buttbombs release a superfart, since poo's gone and the current effect is really underwhelming. Improvised and hilarious flashbangs!
Have miner PDAs have Geological Scanner functions.
Let Vampires and thralls detect other thralls and vampires.
I thought we got rid of megathreads a while ago because they're a hassle to deal with and nobody wants to look through 10 pages of bad or ironic suggestions.
I'd suggest that if you think an idea that pops up in this thread is actually good and should be implemented, you should make a new thread for it.
Don't know if there are marshmallows but if there isn't add them so we can roast them on flaming corpses
FishDance2 Wrote:Allow regular crew members to "kind of" identify what they're drinking, but only cocktails. IE for Triple Citrus "The fruity drink tastes absolutely splendid." Would make barmen happy because people can identify their handywork.
Weren't you able to taste the composition of a drink for a time?

RedbeardRum Wrote:
FishDance2 Wrote:Have bank accounts open the account that the name on the card correlates to, not the card itself. Would make syndicate ID cards still allow you to use ATMs.

Problem with this is that it's possible for more than one person with the same name to exist, eg. two bill baileys.
Ground breaking idea: Give people bank ID numbers, maybe in place of, or in addition to the account's name. Maybe the account name could be settable or just match the name of the ID used?
This might have something to do with being able to remotely send money from your account to.. secure the release of hostages? maybe pay for a cake?

Frank_Stein Wrote:I really would like to see a new method of moving about the different camera's on the station and possibly making more. Until then, maybe make it so that Roboticists can construct more AI shells? Those things are practically mobile cameras anyway.
Can't mechanics build more?