Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pill bottles (and the pills in them)
I've recently noticed that if you create multiple pills from a large beaker of stuff you end up with some extra reagent in them that you definitely did not make.

For instance, I created 50 units of a thing and decided to split it into several 5u pills.
When I later added the pill to a beaker in order to fill up my pen with it, the pill contained the 5u of stuff I originally added as well as 20u salicylic acid for no particular reason.
I've been noticing this with mixing chems in general; I think something's up with the chem code.
Crumplehat, the change to the chem code only leaves intact the amount of reagents that don't take part in a reaction. So reacting a lot of a reagent with a little of another doesn't delete all of the first one to make just a little resulting reagent.

The issue with pills had been happening on and off even before this change to chem.
Ah, yeah, that's pretty weird then. I'll have to test it out if I remember to sometime soon.
RIP Pyrosium pills. frown
When you make pills, if the pill is the same model as another type of pre-made pill, it will have the same properties of that pill, including its contents.

IE: This is an energy drink pill.
Used to treat respiratory distress.

This is the description for salbutamol pills. Maybe this is true for pills that have the cyanide pill model, too, which could be disastrous.
This looks like a reoccurance of part of another pill-making-related series of bugs. Something in the pill creation code is still a black void of enigma and vague malice.
Staring at the impeccable pill code trying to find a bug that shouldn't be happening. A bane of every coder's existence.
Marquesas Wrote:Staring at the impeccable pill code trying to find a bug that shouldn't be happening. A bane of every coder's existence.
You know, at this point its almost to the point where it might be easier to scrap it and start over, that would at least drive you less insane than scanning code and/or breaking it until you fix it.
I found the bug, it was in my yard:
[Image: 220px-Armadillidium_vulgare_001.jpg]
I sort of remember the long and hard battle the coders had with this bug. No idea how they solved it but in the end they did. Rest in peace getting charcoal in your space drugs pill bottle.