Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze!
pointblanking someone with the grab intent should make you hold them at gunpoint, not firing. if they move or try to attack you they are automatically shot instead, but they can still drop items or use computers or things.

also this should still work with an empty gun except if they move/attack it doesn't actually shoot them
genius
This is word for word the same as a feature on another server

That said it'd still be nice
Weavel Wrote:This is word for word the same as a feature on another server
i didn't know this but i also don't care
honestly its a cool idea that should be here either way so fuck it
hold people up at the bar + make them play slots for you
Wow yes please. That would be amazing.

What about the Russian Revolver? That could be fun.
Fragmaster Lee Wrote:Wow yes please. That would be amazing.

You shoot yourself if they move. This would actually be pretty cool. Put microbombs in yourself and threaten somebody to do your biddings.
Zadeon Wrote:
Fragmaster Lee Wrote:Wow yes please. That would be amazing.

You shoot yourself if they move. This would actually be pretty cool. Put microbombs in yourself and threaten somebody to do your biddings.

[Image: J2HJVZy.jpg]
Dauntasa Wrote:pointblanking someone with the grab intent should make you hold them at gunpoint, not firing. if they move or try to attack you they are automatically shot instead, but they can still drop items or use computers or things.

also this should still work with an empty gun except if they move/attack it doesn't actually shoot them

The only thing I don't like is the "move". How about instead, when you "grab" someone while holding a gun, wherever they move, they drag you along with? That way, you can still hold up the captain and make him walk you into the bridge. If they take any action on you, hit the "pull" button to try and drop you, run into someone to try and pull you away, then they get got. But if they calmly walk around, they can get you into areas or move around to do things you tell them to.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:pointblanking someone with the grab intent should make you hold them at gunpoint, not firing. if they move or try to attack you they are automatically shot instead, but they can still drop items or use computers or things.

The only thing I don't like is the "move". How about instead, when you "grab" someone while holding a gun, wherever they move, they drag you along with? That way, you can still hold up the captain and make him walk you into the bridge. If they take any action on you, hit the "pull" button to try and drop you, run into someone to try and pull you away, then they get got. But if they calmly walk around, they can get you into areas or move around to do things you tell them to.

Sounds reasonable to me if the coding works out. It seems like if someone's using this technique, they're not interested in just outright killing you anyway. But it seems like someone could just get to a door and close it on themselves to pull away?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:

what about a toggle for "allow move" and "disallow move" that lets you determine whether moving will get them shot
Dauntasa Wrote:what about a toggle for "allow move" and "disallow move" that lets you determine whether moving will get them shot
I don't know if I like the whole moving part, because it's pretty easy to move and lots of things cause moving. What if once they have moved 2 tiles away, they get point blanked anyway?
I agree that the whole "moving gets you shot" clause can seem a bit easy to accidentally fuck up, especially if you grab them while they're already holding down a move key. Why not disallow movement, or have a toggle like the previous person said, and just display the "Hoss Taege struggles to move" text, or maybe add something along the lines of "Hoss Taege looks like he wants to move, but is too afraid to try to break free!"
Well, grab normally has two settings between lethal and non-lethal, right? Maybe make it so holding someone up works the same, with one mode shooting immediately and another struggling to hold the person still. Make the first have a slower movement penalty with hostage, but the second someone can try to resist their way out of. Give it a red text message like "Joe Schmoe presses the gun against Urist McPubbies temple."