Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modify the RPG maybe?
less overall range, more wall penetration would be cool. it feels kind of counterintuitive to blow my own leg off from this far away yet barely rip up chemistry past a couple of tiles(shot not available but most of it was indeed untouched)

[Image: kiwlvvU.png]

shitty black line to show distance from impact to my shitty red bloodstain, aka just about an entire screen when max viewdistance is half of a screen. it is hecka hard to aim this thing at a place properly without blowing one of your own limbs off.
This is related to the recent changes to explosion code and probably needs a bit of tweaking! Thanks for the heads up.
Theoretical idea, but I kinda think it would be neat if there was some variety to the rockets. For instance, one that has penetrative powers for breaching in and explodes and only does damage directly in front of the impact zone. Another could do only a little explosive damage, but throw out tons of sharpnel for bleeding damage. Just something for the Syndicats to be extra Tacticool.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Theoretical idea, but I kinda think it would be neat if there was some variety to the rockets. For instance, one that has penetrative powers for breaching in and explodes and only does damage directly in front of the impact zone. Another could do only a little explosive damage, but throw out tons of sharpnel for bleeding damage. Just something for the Syndicats to be extra Tacticool.

Tacticool? More like tacticruel, hahahahahahahahahahaha, amirite? no
But seriously most of those ideas sound pretty cool, i'd say play around with them and see if they work.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Theoretical idea, but I kinda think it would be neat if there was some variety to the rockets. For instance, one that has penetrative powers for breaching in and explodes and only does damage directly in front of the impact zone. Another could do only a little explosive damage, but throw out tons of sharpnel for bleeding damage. Just something for the Syndicats to be extra Tacticool.
Better yet, just make it so that either the rocket or the launcher itself can be toggled between different "modes" or "types".
Maybe range, power, directivity/penetration, etc could be configured somehow?
Just have two settings "Range" and "Yield". Range fires a rocket that can travel 2-3 screens, and does a small explosion with a little shrapnel. Yield rockets only travel a short distance before they automatically explode, but have a bigger blast and more shrapnel. Fluff it away as saying that the setting adjusts how much of the explosive is used for propellant, and how much is used for detonation.