Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdy games
I liked this thread. Good thing I was a necromancer in my youth! a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee:zpatriot:a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee
I usually play between several games at a time for reasons I don't comprehend.

Right now, they're Prison Architect, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Warlock - Master of the Arcane, and Eurotruck Simulator.

Prison Architect:
[Image: ktoru-budovatelsku-hru-sa-opla-image-781-450.jpg]

Build a prison.  Keep prisoners happy to keep them from getting out of hand.  Or don't and hire a shit ton of armed guards to shoot the inevitable riots.  Take in death row inmates and get annoyed when they get transferred to maximum security, making them a permanent member of your game.  Make snitches, get annoyed when you overuse those snitches and get them killed.  Get annoyed when your prisoners dig their way out cause you decided to not get dogs.  All sorts of fun to be had.

Crypt of the Necrodancer:
[Image: thumb_400_0_20170409085343746.jpg]

You into rogue likes?  What about Rhythm games?  Why not both?  Dungeon delve to a beat and get really really REALLY frustrated when you inevitably die to the weakest fucking thing you can find.  Lots of awesome music too.  I mean, I would hope so.  Would you play a rhythm game with a crappy OST?  I wouldn't.

Also, Danganronpa is in it for some reason?

Warlock - Master of the Arcane

[Image: 1462346884_1340367450_warlock-master-of-...ane-51.jpg]

You want to know a nerd game?  Sid Meier's Civilization.  You wanna know how to make it nerdier?  Slap some DnD on that shit.  You and several other wiznerds are trying to prove your greatness in various ways.  Cast the greatest spell ever thought, control the mass majority of holy grounds, piss off a god enough to fight their champion and win, just flat out stomp the shit out of the other wiznerds.  And what kind of wiznerd wouldn't have spells?  Change the land itself, give units enchantments, blow shit the fuck up, all at your fingertips.

Euro Truck Simulator

Drivin a truck. Drivin a big ol truck.
i'm rapidly switching between 400 different games because I set up steam and family sharing with my brother who actually owns like 430 games and I can never decide what I want to play. I want to play more space but my internet refuses to let me do so
Checking back in with Starsector and it looks like it's gotten even better.

and lol and ETS2. I'm currently rolling with ATS because some family moved out to California and that somehow made me want to play that game. I'll probably move back to ETS2 as it has more things I'm unused to and there's been a buttload of DLC introduced since I last played.

Another weird game I've mentioned is Elona+ Custom, a very weird but satisfying (and free) Roguelite. I'd recommend the easy mode, as it can get grindy otherwise.

Since I'm here I might as well bring up C:DDA again. Free. Fun. Lots'a stuff you can do. It's changed a lot over the years and is still very active.
something something duck game

i'm ashamed that i've out as much time into it as i have and i will continue to put too many of my hours into this rootin' tootin' duck shootin' masterpiece. it's a phenomenal party game if you're one of those weirdos with friends, and the online gameplay isn't awful either.

t h e p l o t
ducks shoot ducks with lots of silly weapons and some not so silly weapons
Puzzle pirates is on steam? Oh dear God. Well there goes a few dozen hours.

Nostalgia for the nostalgia god.
A weird glitchy hellscape coming in 2017. Go do yourself a favor and play the demo.
You ever play Minecraft and thought "Shit man.........I wish the environment was a little more realistic.  A whole ecosystem of animals, potentially limited resources, and a big disaster that requires people working together to stop it"?  That's a strangely specific set of things to think about a block building game, I hear you ask.

Introducing ECO, a game with everything I just mentioned.

[Image: eco1.jpg]

In ECO, a crazy natural disaster is going to happen in thirty days real time (I think the only thing right now is a meteor but global warming and stuff is apparently going to be a thing too?  Maybe some other stuff?).  It's up to you and your fellow players to reach a high enough technological level to stop it.  You have to use the resources in your environment to build your settlement, learn skills to help the overall effort, and eventually repel the impending doom.

However, your resources are not infinite.  Your planet doesn't go on forever (if you go in one direction, you be right back where you started eventually).  You cut down every tree, no more wood.  Hunt an animal too much and it can go extinct, permanently affecting the environment.

[Image: Eco-5.5-Title-Shot-707x328.png]

To assist your town, everyone can create and vote on laws, using data provided by the game.  Lower the amount of Bison people can hunt, protect species of animals, prevent the cutting of nearly extinct trees.  Of course, such laws can affect the livelihood of some people, and they don't necessarily have to follow them, though that in itself carries risk.

The game itself isn't actually on steam yet , but it will be on Tuesday if you're interested.  Alternatively, you can buy it directly off the website.

[Image: dodgy_comet-1024x704.jpg]
I remember hearing about that game a while back and getting upset when I found it wasn't out
mother fucker i spent 30 dollars on this game in a 4 pack with my siblings and im having so much trouble playing it due to my ass internet but i love it.
Quote:minecraft-inspired game that centers around sharing limited resources and working towards a common goal
All Ears
I would absolutely play that game. looks like its going into beta tomorrow and dropping in price
Sounds like something for us to start a game on I think.
(02-05-2018, 10:31 PM)Technature Wrote: Sounds like something for us to start a game on I think.

indeed! it's designed for a community to work together, not having to all be online at the same time. you can start shops and stuff, sell your labour as a contract, etc. if i ever get my computer stuff worked out i'll certainly play
(02-04-2018, 04:49 AM)Technature Wrote: In ECO

Heh, shotgunbill and I looked at this game a year or so back! I've been keeping up to date on the mailing list.