Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nitroglycerin
I think that since activate charcoal is a thing, medical should get nitroglycerin tablets/patches for helping to treat cardiac issues. It should come in pill form. Just don't give it to someone bleeding or they'll bleed out much faster and die. :downs:
Oh and can also explode with a bigger boom than gunpowder.
Sounds good, but if it's publicly available AT ROUND START and EXPLOSIVE bad things are going to happen. How about it needs some secret chem to trigger its explosive state?
Amuys Wrote:I think that since activate charcoal is a thing, medical should get nitroglycerin tablets/patches for helping to treat cardiac issues. It should come in pill form. Just don't give it to someone bleeding or they'll bleed out much faster and die. :downs:
Oh and can also explode with a bigger boom than gunpowder.
An interesting idea. Epinephrine and atropine already treat heart problems, though, and epinephrine is all over the place, so I dunno how much use it would be outside of the part where it explodes.

Zadeon Wrote:Sounds good, but if it's publicly available AT ROUND START and EXPLOSIVE bad things are going to happen. How about it needs some secret chem to trigger its explosive state?
Considering that any chemist or the barman can create a fun variety of explosions in just a few seconds into the round, I don't think that's a huge concern.
Yeah I kinda find the whole epinephrine helps cardiac issues to be a bit silly since it constricts blood vessels so you can actually make the condition much worse. Nitro dilates it.
If it's anything like morphine it's going to be used rarely as a weapon.

That said perhaps it probably should only be available from the medbay vendor.

It's not gonna stop traitor doctors but it will at least be used for heart issues first and not explosives.

Perhaps having nitroglycerin could be funny though, have a beaker/bottle/or whatever with a warning label that says "keep away from heat sources you dumbies".

If someone leaves a nitroglycerin beaker next to an open source of heat on accident it's their own fault.
Maybe the medbay pills have some kind of chem added that makes them unexplosive. You could make them explosive by mixing them in a beaker and using a chem dispenser to remove the stabilizer.
Nitroglycerin: available in medbay in pill and patch form, maybe small bottles

Possible ingredients:
Nitrogen
Oil, Fuel, maybe plasma
Sulfur or sulfuric acid
Water and/or oxygen

Triggering the explosion could require high temperatures, or a large amount of the reagent to get a decent explosion. Alternatively it could be very potent in small amounts that wouldn't explode, or do any real damage.
Maybe require the introducing a shock, from the pitching machine or a graviton accelerator.
The idea of a stabilizer or trigger aren't bad, but I'm not sure how much I like them. It could always be added in later if there's a problem.

Epinephrine would help with hypovolemic shock (once bleeding is controlled, If that's the case) and anaphylaxis. I guess it depends whether it's cardiac arrest, heart attack, or heart failure.
If nitroglycerin required a shock to explode you could put it inside lightbulbs.
It could also be balanced by being uncraftable, and has to be ordered like epi.
You can make epinephrine, but its complicated enough that most people dont bother and go right for Atropine. You might be thinking of Morphine, and even then its only because the actual synthesis route is complicated as hell.

I like there being effective medications you have to babysit, like Calomel and atropine being dangerous if used improperly/not monitored. If Nitro was less explosive than black powder, and craftable, that would probably be the most "fun" in my eyes.
david2222121 Wrote:You can make epinephrine, but its complicated enough that most people dont bother and go right for Atropine. You might be thinking of Morphine, and even then its only because the actual synthesis route is complicated as hell.

I like there being effective medications you have to babysit, like Calomel and atropine being dangerous if used improperly/not monitored. If Nitro was less explosive than black powder, and craftable, that would probably be the most "fun" in my eyes.
There is plenty of epinephrine in medbay. Like bottles upon bottles, also atropine, and morphine. So I don't really see people making those often.