Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique Traitor items
e.g. butcher's knife, moonshine

Why not make them available to everyone, except at a higher price? Gives a bit more variety as everyone can access everything, but if you're a barman moonshine might cost 2 less telecrystals or something

also it would mean Syndicate Donks are in circulation and they rock
Weavel Wrote:e.g. butcher's knife, moonshine

Why not make them available to everyone, except at a higher price? Gives a bit more variety as everyone can access everything, but if you're a barman moonshine might cost 2 less telecrystals or something

also it would mean Syndicate Donks are in circulation and they rock
I believe you can actually get the role-specific items in surplus crates, but I see how having them available to everyone at a higher cost might be neat.

I dunno, though, I kinda prefer them only being reliably accessible for their specific roles. Might just be me. vOv
I like this idea. Sometimes I have traitor ideas that need certain items and I don't want to wait for an entire week just to get the right job that has the item I need to work the idea. I understand how having the items with certain jobs is fun but I don't see a reason to not have it at a higher cost for people with different jobs. Would make rounds more interesting I think.
It just loses its appeal if anyone can get it though. And in some cases it doesn't even make sense (Power gloves are dependent on the engine power and someone with the access to make sure that's possible is best suited to having those; Mining Charge hacker doesn't make any sense for anyone but Miners, etc).
Crumplehat Wrote:It just loses its appeal if anyone can get it though. And in some cases it doesn't even make sense (Power gloves are dependent on the engine power and someone with the access to make sure that's possible is best suited to having those; Mining Charge hacker doesn't make any sense for anyone but Miners, etc).

Simple, you don't buy those items then.

This would also cut down on the whole thing where everyone is instantly out to murder the x when they see x traitor item somewhere.
Xeram Wrote:This would also cut down on the whole thing where everyone is instantly out to murder the x when they see x traitor item somewhere.
that is kindof the point of job-specific traitor items.

Job-specific traitor items are allowed to be more powerful because they are balanced out by the fact they are job specific, which eliminates your ability to remain anonymous (A chef's knife means there is a chef traitor, that's you, buddy!!!) and makes the item show up less often in general for items that would otherwise ruin rounds consistently if everyone could get them (such as why the artistic toolbox got removed from the syndicrate, although I think that it was removed from the whole game altogether recently)
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:This would also cut down on the whole thing where everyone is instantly out to murder the x when they see x traitor item somewhere.

Job-specific traitor items are allowed to be more powerful because they are balanced out by the fact they are job specific, which eliminates your ability to remain anonymous (A chef's knife means there is a chef traitor, that's you, buddy!!!) and makes the item show up less often in general for items that would otherwise ruin rounds consistently if everyone could get them (such as why the artistic toolbox got removed from the syndicrate, although I think that it was removed from the whole game altogether recently)
Na that can't be the point of job specific traitor items. It's too easy to change your job in the game for that to even matter.
KikiMofo Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Na that can't be the point of job specific traitor items. It's too easy to change your job in the game for that to even matter.
No, that is the point of job specific traitor items. Why doesn't EVERYONE get access to the telegun? Because it'd be fucking abused to hell!
No I meant the part about people being able to tell what job is traitor based on the item. I do admit certain job only traitor items are really strong but some jobs don't have job specific items. Maybe let those jobs have a random job specific item to pick from or better yet let all jobs have a random job specific item to pick.
I just don't see the point of it, really. It seems to defeat the purpose of having job specific items in the first place. It's what makes them special and not just generic traitor garbage. It's what gives a traitor their job-specific gimmicky fun. If anyone can do it, it's not special and cool anymore, even if it's only a random chance for it.

I just can't support this idea, man.
if you want to use the vuvuzela as botanist or whatever just pray to the syndicate crate for it or something
being a traitor requires being resourceful if you try experimental shit, and there's literally no reason to give the botanist the detective's .38 AP ammo or the assistant hell seeds