Lantern for Mentor 2014!
Usual Character Name: lljk #1: Rebb Brown. lljk #2: Guy Gardner

BYOND Username: Lantern2011 (irc: Lantern)

Recommended by (if applicable): none

Times Available: any time between 6pm and 12am central standard time

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

Ive been a member of goonstation for about two and a half to three years now. I started playing back in the days of donut 2 and have learned a lot during my time as a 2d spaceman. In learning the various jobs and what not of the station, i am not ashamed to admit that i recived some much appreciated help from fellow players. Ive also come to enjoy this community a lot, and want to contribute to the community in anyway i can. This is why i am making this application, to give back to the community and help new players as those in the past helped me.

In terms of game experiance, I know how to set up the engine both to do a low maintanence 30 minute burn, and to turn it into a literal blue star reaching upwards of 200 GW. With that said i have shown a few new players in the past how to set a slow burn engine up succesfully so that in future rounds the station would have people that know how to power the station. If they wanted to know how to do a hell burn, id point them in the right direction and let them figure out through their own efforts. The same with telesceince. I learned how to be a telescience nerd, and then taught a few others so that they could know how fun it is to run out into lava moon with no protection and fall into the magma, or get killed by wendigo's on ice moon. In terms of other sciences, unfortunatly i am lacking in the areas of chemistry, and toxins. In chemistry i know how to make the medical chems and what not, but i am not a pro-nerd chemman and dont know how to make sarin or azide and what not. When it comes to toxins, i use to know how to make 11x11s pretty consistently but over time and after a few changes i have lost that knowledge. I think i am one of the few people that find security to be sometimes enjoyable, and have at times taken new recruits under my wing and shown them how to have fun as sec, and not be absolutly hated by the rest of the crew in the process. Examples of that would probably be showing them how to run extortion or corrupt cop gimmicks, teaching them to not run around with their weapons drawn unless they are chasing someone, and above all dont take anything personally and go with the punches, and not treat every crime like its punishable with summary execution. Ive also taken the time to relearn the jobs of Chef and botanist, and in that time have relearned the joys of growing massive amounts of weed, and making deep fried stun baton sandwhiches, and have passed that knowledge along as i have with my Engine knowledge and telescience knowledge.

Ive always seen this game as one long learning process, where the journy is more entertaining than the destenation. There are still somethings about the game that i am still learning or relearning, but i think that my few years of experiance and the knowledge that i have gathered and am still learning currently can make the game easier and more enjoyable for our new players to settle into. In short, i want to be a mentor to help the new players like the veteran players helped me way back when i first started. i do look forward to feed back on this app, and how i can improve myself in game to assit in making this community better and more fun

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Has a noticeable lack of bees, there for it is an inferior movie.
I don't really have anything bad to say about this guy. I've seen him enough and seems to understand the game. So yeah. I'll say yes.
Extremely respectful, and is well educated about the game. Whenever I've seen him he's either been having a good time or helping others out. Not once have I seen him be an ass-hat, and I don't expect to. A definite yes from me.
Yeah, he knows enough about farting in space to get that purple text.
he's got my vote, a cool guy + knows his shit
Most definitely yes.
From chatting with him in IRC, he seems to be extremely respectful and knows a great deal about the game. I say yeah. Giive him the purple text.
Oh holy crap. I can't believe I never noticed I forgot to put my pervious bans. OOPS! Well I've been banned once for three days when I first started playing for whacking someone in the head with a fire extinguisher. Was a long time ago and have learnt my lesson.