Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borged Traitor = ???
Lately some scrub has been getting borged to do his traitor stuff as a robot. This inevitably gets people going in OOC at varying levels of anger.
All in all, the only real issue with a borg going traitorous this way, is that you have no easy way to tell what it's doing unless you catch him overtly hurting some human. But discovering a stealthy traitor is the same problem.

So, let's just make any borged traitor automatically turn into a syndieborg. People at round end would see that it's fair, no more complaints.
When it comes to dead traitors I usually clone them to give them a 1up. I wouldn't mind if both revival ways gave them a way to keep their round going.
Don't laws 1-3 kind of preclude any kind of treacherous activity? You can't hurt people and you have to do what people tell you to do, so what traitor objectives would you even be able to achieve? Most of them are killing people or stealing things, neither of which you can really do as a robot barring laws to the contrary.

So he just gets borged for the purpose of being a jerk?
Crumplehat Wrote:Don't laws 1-3 kind of preclude any kind of treacherous activity? You can't hurt people and you have to do what people tell you to do, so what traitor objectives would you even be able to achieve? Most of them are killing people or stealing things, neither of which you can really do as a robot barring laws to the contrary.

So he just gets borged for the purpose of being a jerk?
Mind slave implant + emag = fun times.
It's not like a borg can use the traitor gear for anything else.
I think a traitor implant that turns you into a syndieborg for that purpose might be fun.

Maybe have it come with the surplus crate, so the only people who are going to use it are going to try to gamble ten credits on it, and then decide if they want to waste cool traitor gear rampaging as a borg, or find an unwilling stooge to borg rampage for them.
I've always thought that the most fun approach is to let people who get borged as traitors disobey their laws and keep being traitors, but I'm more than happy to hear opinions about it.

Violence is fun. More traitors still kickin' = more fun things happening. I agree with Clarks, either immediately or like 1-2 minutes after borging they should turn into syndieborgs.
Quote:Lately some scrub has been getting borged to do his traitor stuff as a robot. This inevitably gets people going in OOC at varying levels of anger.
why are people getting annoyed exactly? Is some traitor getting someone to Borg him in a normal Borg suit and carrying out his objectives? That's fine, if he's following his laws. Otherwise he should be straight up banned. If he's being borged in a syndie Borg suit, then why are people complaining?

Anyway..
What would be nice to happen:
traitors get borged, have the opportunity to complete their mission. Happy days
What would actually happen:
traitors don't get borged= less work for the roboticists, more likely traitors will not get revived at all, instead left to rot.
Because, let's face it, nobody is going to Borg a traitor if you know every time he will be a syndiebot.
Unless your intention is that it encourages people to be cloned instead, which I can promise you, it will not.
Sundance Wrote:
Quote:What would actually happen:
traitors don't get borged= less work for the roboticists, more likely traitors will not get revived at all, instead left to rot.
Because, let's face it, nobody is going to Borg a traitor if you know every time he will be a syndiebot.
Unless your intention is that it encourages people to be cloned instead, which I can promise you, it will not.

This is probable. Because we've turned into a bunch of unfun shitheads who can't have traitors interrupt their 70 minutes polite roleplay.
Still, worth a try.
Sundance Wrote:why are people getting annoyed exactly? Is some traitor getting someone to Borg him in a normal Borg suit and carrying out his objectives? That's fine, if he's following his laws. Otherwise he should be straight up banned. If he's being borged in a syndie Borg suit, then why are people complaining?
For reference: If I remember correctly, the issue was that the person in question eats roburgers (so no helping hand required) to accomplish objectives which are easier to perform as a cyborg and then simply ignores whatever laws are in effect to kill people. Infinite medical patches and the like. I've been told some admins are okay with that, not that I necessarily agree with this opinion.

Quote:What would actually happen:
I'm afraid this would be the case. From what I can tell, the playerbase sees robotics as a viable alternative to give a traitor a second chance. The cyborg can still have fun as a jerk, but at least it isn't an outright danger to the crew. Automatically turning them into Syndieborgs would solve the round end stats problem, but I doubt it would actually be for the better. After all, how often do you see a changeling's brain put in a robot suit? People do remember that they used to be able to (maybe still are) use most of their abilities and just shapeshift out of their metal body completely.
I think the way to go re: Borg traitors is this:

You should still try and carry out your objectives as best you can. You may not harm humans UNLESS you have an objective to assassinate them.
Crumplehat Wrote:Don't laws 1-3 kind of preclude any kind of treacherous activity? You can't hurt people and you have to do what people tell you to do
the way i've always treated it is that you can't harm humans but you don't have to listen to the ones on the station because you don't work for them, you work for the syndies

i had a fun round where my objective was kill all cyborgs and i got borged leading to a series of intense robot fights ending with me fighting a janitorborg in the AI upload while I tried to destroy the killswitch computer before the crew could reach it
I don't see how this is a problem. Just killswitch the little bastard.
Afaik, when a traitor is borged normally, at round end he'll come up as a syndieborg, regardless whether he was put in a syndieborg suit or not?
Well, that's the problem then. It should come up as /borgname at round stat instead.
i.e: Sundance Feely/Cyborg Delta-43 (sundance420) was the traitor!
If someone is put in a syndiesuit or emagged, then and only then should it come up in round stats.

Quote:For reference: If I remember correctly, the issue was that the person in question eats roburgers (so no helping hand required) to accomplish objectives which are easier to perform as a cyborg and then simply ignores whatever laws are in effect to kill people. Infinite medical patches and the like. I've been told some admins are okay with that, not that I necessarily agree with this opinion.
what admins are ok with someone breaking one of the few rules we have in this game? Borg laws 1-3 are there for reason, traitor or not.
Quote:what admins are ok with someone breaking one of the few rules we have in this game? Borg laws 1-3 are there for reason, traitor or not.

me

the only admin to post in the thread

like i said in my post
I guess they should change the big bold title on the cyborg page in the wiki from
DO NOT HARM ANYONE UNLESS YOUR LAWS ALLOW YOU TO DO SO
to
DO NOT HARM ANYONE UNLESS YOUR LAWS ALLOW YOU TO DO SO OR IF YOU WERE ONCE A TRAITOR AND BUBS IS ONLINE

This is a terrible attitude bubs. Go ahead and call be "unfun" (a catch all insult it seems) but I guess the torrent of angry people on the OOC at the time this dude was breaking his laws will disagree with you here.
jeez man.

the people in ooc were upset because they believed the cyborg to be breaking the rules. what I am saying is that, IN MY OPINION, it should be allowed for the person to do that, and as such whenever someone has asked me I've said OK.

I also recognize that it can lead to confusing outcomes, which is why I said clarks made a good suggestion about the robots turning into syndieborgs.