Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Miranda Rights
So seeing how the ticket system for security can be pretty funny, i had and idea to give security something else that compliments it. Give security officer a customizeable Miranda RIghts function

I figured something like this would work similarly to the AIs customizeable alert message and state law functions.

Their would be your basic Miranda Rights thing that is ther by defauly (like the AI's alert message) and a security officer at anytime could change this to something like "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you as an excuse to fart on you. You have the right to an attorny. If you cannot afford one, a partially brain dead monkey will provided for your defense." and so on and so forth. Again its totaly customizable, so if you really felt the need, the message could simply consist of "I AM THE LAW" or something like that.

Again this is an idea that i think would compliment the current ticketing system.
I think it would be funnier to have a pda program that says whatever you put in it out loud at anytime. This way security doesn't have to tire themselves saying the same thing over and over again when a simple little program could do it for them! Truly express that lazy cop within you.
Zadeon Wrote:I think it would be funnier to have a pda program that says whatever you put in it out loud at anytime. This way security doesn't have to tire themselves saying the same thing over and over again when a simple little program could do it for them! Truly express that lazy cop within you.

After I posted this I thought about that too. With the new stamina system I think that would work as well. So that the officer can put more energy into getting up after being suplexed and farted on.
bay has this thing for security called a hailer that you click and it orders criminals to halt

something like this but customizable would be $$$
So macros set in the PDA that might be triggered by gestures, letting you advise criminals to halt, and so on?
Kovirii Wrote:So macros set in the PDA that might be triggered by gestures, letting you advise criminals to halt, and so on?

I was more thinking it was just something that a security officer that went through the online 5 hour training course would spit out automatically after arresting someone. When i say automatically i mean when the player feels the need to actualy push the "miranda rights" button and say it. like the AI state laws function.
A button like that would definitely be easiest to manage. Maybe have a button to edit it like the AI can do with its welcome messages, or maybe not, whatever. But having sec officers start with a button for that would be the best way to implement it. Well, the most convenient way, at any rate.
maybe an emote that lets you read off, out loud, something on a piece of paper so you can carry around your own mirandas rights and read them off like that! i mean what security officer is gonna memorize that crap anyway? and what's the worst that can happen? give it a slight cooldown so people cant spam chat with massive textwalls (which would be possible anyway without an emote, just copy paste)

it could be like *read or something, and would go like:

Officer McDumb reads off the paper!

Officer McDumb: You have the right to shut the fuck up and get owned, nerd.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:maybe an emote that lets you read off, out loud, something on a piece of paper so you can carry around your own mirandas rights and read them off like that! i mean what security officer is gonna memorize that crap anyway? and what's the worst that can happen? give it a slight cooldown so people cant spam chat with massive textwalls (which would be possible anyway without an emote, just copy paste)

it could be like *read or something, and would go like:

Officer McDumb reads off the paper!

Officer McDumb: You have the right to shut the fuck up and get owned, nerd.
This is actually a good idea.
Yeah, since people always seem to pick papers up to read them anyway for some dumb reason. Whenever I write spooky scary note stories nerds will pick them up and take them away even though I left them to be read ugh.
Crumplehat Wrote:Yeah, since people always seem to pick papers up to read them anyway for some dumb reason. Whenever I write spooky scary note stories nerds will pick them up and take them away even though I left them to be read ugh.
Same. That makes me sad when people don't read my lovingly made letters that call them nerds.
*read + hold paper

On that note it would be really funny if security used this to arrest people with the existing fines/warnings

"You are under arrest for failure to pay a fine"
say *read
"Person is fined for being a massive nerd to the cost of 3000 credits"