Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lol stamina??
Well you can still run around hitting people on the head with a police baton while on meth, so I don't really care.
Stamina pros and cons:

Pro: You can fart yourself into unconsciousness.

Cons: Everything else.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Stamina pros and cons:

Pro: You can fart yourself into unconsciousness.
Egg Sleepypen new meta?
atomic1fire Wrote:I don't know if food increases stamina (or if there are certain foods that increase stamina, which would make sense, buff mans diet) I haven't done a whole lot of testing on that.

I think crit increases stamina, from 6 to 8, but I could be wrong.

Also my experience with using stimulants to increase stamina has been kinda lame so far. Maybe I'm fighting wrong, but that meat guy beat me up too much.

I think Stamina could use more documentation if anything.

looking at mob vars food does look like it increases stamina recharge rate
Hi lets post some constructive comments instead of OMG I HATE IT!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

After playing a couple of rounds with this new system yesterday i have the following comments:

1. As it stands currently, attacking and other aggressive actions use up, and drain way too much stamina when you hit/get hit by someone. You can only punch someone 6-8 times before 'you're too exhausted to attack' and after the fourth blow the interval before your attacks gets super long. Equally, being punched 4 times in succession will ALWAYS knock you out or stun you now, no exceptions.

2. Cyborgs have turned into unstoppable death machines. As cyborgs don't use stamina, you can only hit a cyborg a limited number of times before you can no longer attack, but the cyborg can attack YOU for as long as it wants. trying to fight off cyborgs when you're a changeling will now have changed from 'pretty difficult' to 'almost impossible', and facing down 2 cyborgs will be an automatic death sentence.

3. Stun weapons don't use up/drain stamina at all

Here are my suggestions..

1. Diminishing return on blows based on current stamina - I.e. you can keep attacking at low or 0 stamina but your blows will be slow and deal much less damage. 2.Adding a 'random element' to stamina, e.g. punches can do from (x) - to (x) amount of stamina damage, so not everyone knows it only takes 4 punches to down everyone else..
3. The stronger the weapon, the more stamina is drained, e.g. you can punch someone a whole bunch of times, but only hit them a few times with an e-sword before you get diminishing returns
4. Retool the whole stun system to use stamina instead, incorporating stun weapons.. Instead of a stun baton stunning you for (x) amount of time, instead let stun weapons drain your stamina a whole bunch, but have damage from fists toolboxes etc have much less effect on stamina.

Ok thats my dumb comments
Nubcake Wrote:roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah, they could do all that, or remove it! It is mind blowingly boring to be a traitor, bred to murder, and you can only hit a guy like 8 times (I checked, 12 times on sugar) before you're like huff puff ok hold on gimme a break. This is not the way to balance this game. The RNG, imo, was a good thing. Sure, sometimes it could be annoying, but it always creates some good ass tension to fights. Plus I'm p sure the only people who didn't like the RNG were nerds who got their asses kicked.

Also, instead of adding some dumb mechanic because of infinite suplexes, or some dumb shit such as that, why don't you fix the ~actual~ bug that allows people to do it? Which is, and this is a thing I've said atleast 4 times and is very abusable, slapping allows you to break the buffer between emotes.

Captain_Bravo Wrote:Pro: You can fart yourself into unconsciousness.

This was the first thing I did and yes this is the only pro.
Also before someone says "well make tators have more stamina than other men"

thats a bad idea lol
I don't mind the new stamina system on account of being an unlucky sod. v
Klayboxx Wrote:yeah, they could do all that, or remove it! It is mind blowingly boring to be a traitor, bred to murder, and you can only hit a guy like 8 times (I checked, 12 times on sugar) before you're like huff puff ok hold on gimme a break.

Man, if only there were some other way to kill people besides hitting them.
Gosh this sure is a shitty thread you made for yourself klayboxx. You seem to be pretty resistant to change and unwilling to accept that this isn't being implemented just to skirt round a bug or two.

Here's the general idea: RNG = bad because it takes away control over your character and diminishes the fun of fights in general. Thus, less RNG = good because players can more accurately predict what results their actions will have (as well as providing a game mechanic to slow down/stop murder rampagers).

Also do keep in mind that this was coded in one day like a couple days ago. It is constantly being rebalanced now that the system is in place and we can watch it work.
Wire Wrote:Gosh this sure is a shitty thread you made for yourself klayboxx. You seem to be pretty resistant to change and unwilling to accept that this isn't being implemented just to skirt round a bug or two.

Here's the general idea: RNG = bad because it takes away control over your character and diminishes the fun of fights in general. Thus, less RNG = good because players can more accurately predict what results their actions will have (as well as providing a game mechanic to slow down/stop murder rampagers).

Also do keep in mind that this was coded in one day like a couple days ago. It is constantly being rebalanced now that the system is in place and we can watch it work.
Since when did RNG stop being fun? I mean there are entire games revolving around RNG.
I agree with the whole limiting rampages bit somewhat, but what about when someone gets reported over the radio and half the station converges on them? Taking away people's ability to essentially survive or resolve this situation (seeing as you can basically only fight 1 person at a time now) seems kinda bunk to me, and will lead to even MORE boring rounds, as vigilantism will be even more effective at removing traitors than it is now.
Holy shit, please nerf egg smoke. It's like the new ketamine.
How does armor efffect stamina?
If punching a target/hitting a target with something damages thier stamina, does armor protect against this, or buffer against it?
Does the rag-doll (where you are aiming, i.e: Head) have any effect?
KikiMofo Wrote:Since when did RNG stop being fun? I mean there are entire games revolving around RNG.

This isn't those games. General Byond lag + RNG + crazy steep learning curve does not engender fun combat. You all have some crazy stockholm syndrome stuff going on if you think this idea isn't an improvement.
Wire Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Since when did RNG stop being fun? I mean there are entire games revolving around RNG.

This isn't those games. General Byond lag + RNG + crazy steep learning curve does not engender fun combat. You all have some crazy stockholm syndrome stuff going on if you think this idea isn't an improvement.

I'm pretty neutral on the whole stamina thing, but I do think that it warrants balance considerations. Borgs need to be a whole hell of a lot less invincible than they seemed to be last night.