Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robocop Betrayed Me.
That was until I played "it". As a man who spends frequent time on his phone in free time, you eventually would get some apps. That is what I did, then I got nostalgic. I got tons of emulators, Sonic Adventure, Zelda, Spider-Man, etc. Then, I got the Gameboy Emulator, not your Gameboy Advance emulator, but the classic Gameboy emulator that also played Color games. As I had fun with many Spider-Man games on the original Gameboy, I tried some new games. Including Metal Gear Solid, Zelda DX, Pokemon, then Robocop. When I got the Robocop ROM, I got scared. The developer "Titus", then I got to the gameplay. In short it sucked. Then I realized I've been duped this wasn't the Robocop I was looking for. Then one I was looking for was published by UK based company, Ocean Software. Then things happened that would change me.
[Image: 4ivgctV.jpg]
I booted up the game on my phone to a nice looking title screen.
It seemed pretty promising so far. Then I got to the gameplay. Murphy, himself, controls really fucking good. He can shoot pretty fast, and have unlimited bullets, walks like a badass and has a jump for getting out of tight spots. He controls as if he has weight, which is a good thing and fits the game and character. His gun is nice, bullets aren't to slow, you can shoot in three directions. Horizontally, diagonal, and upward. He can also shoot straight while ducking. There are also some power-ups, such as one that acts like a spread gun that has twenty shots and shoots three shots in all directions. Then there are the enemies. They're pretty basic, guys who walk towards you while shooting, who you can shooting while ducking to avoid his bullets. There are guys with grenades, which you can dodge with a well timed jumped. Then there are the assholes in windows. These guys aren't that scary if there is only like one, but the game likes to throw a lot of guys at you while playing a you'll notice the biggest pain in the game. Robocop is a tank. He isn't that agile and that makes sense. Like I said you can duck to avoid bullets, jump over grenades, duck under martial artists. The guys in the windows have no real tactic, you can usually get under them and into a position in which you can shoot him while he can't get you. But these guys usually come in pairs or if you're unlucky threes. These fuckers are tough to avoid while in groups of threes. You can dodge some bullets while jumping but jump into another's fire and get hurt. Here Robocop gets tough. Just like in the movie, he will get shot to shit. You'll notice you can recreate that in this game, but Robocop doesn't have invincibility frames, which is a bad thing. Enemies like to shoot three bullets at a time which means you can easily lose a chunk of your health, especially if in a group, did I mention theres time? FUCK THIS TIME. You have to take this game slow. Theres no other way, if you try to go fast, you'll die faster than you can blink. ALSO, YOU HAVE ONE FUCKING LIFE.
[Image: hksCi2T.jpg]
This piece of shit example represents these fuckers while in groups of threes, the shooting pattern, and time.
The guys in the windows will change the direction they're facing based on where you're moving so there really is no escape.

[Image: 6bfK9Mc.jpg]
I got so mad once I made a angry face on the screen, and yeah, that is my high score. I just fucking suck at this or something.

Well, despite the difficulty, this game has something really good going for it. The music, my god these fucking tunes are great. And as many of you know, this is where the SS13 theme originated, well the SS13 theme is a remix of the Robocop theme from the great video "Dilbert 3" by: "CBoyardee", no he didn't inspire my Character name.

Thats about all I have to say about the game. Depsite what I said about the gameplay, its not a bad game. Its pretty good, just hard as shit. And that music is a plus as well. Also, I've never beat the first level, its too fucking hard.

I thought I could trust Robocop once, now I don't know who to trust.
I thought SS13's theme song was Space Asshole.