TheHman03's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Reginald Hempmaster III
BYOND Username: Thehman03
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available:Weekdays: 4:30 - 5:00 PM - 9:00-10:00 PM, Holidays/Weekends: most of the day mainly 5:00 - 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM - 3:00 AM.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I have applied here today to help others who are new to goonstation or Space Station 13 itself get through the holy fuck awful first few games and answer the questions they have. I have been playing Space Station 13 since early 2013, in the April - May months, starting on other servers and gradually migrating towards bigger and better places, which lead me to goonstation During the summer of 2013, around July, I remember my first few games well, stumbling around as an assistant punching people and not even knowing how to fart! Those were bad times my friends, almost as bad as when a friend of mine got me banned (to be explained later), But i have since then began to uphold many of the rules found on goon, mainly when I die, I will help others who are dead and report any blatant racism or bigotry, and it is usually handled swiftly.I believe i could prevent many a newcomer breaking the rules or being turned away by goon's extended features and judgmental player base. I am not one to take grudges into other matches or use OOC information in game, I have never been bigoted or racist on this server and i am certainly not one to let things like that slide. If i was to, for example, get a mentorhelp that had called someone a slur, i would report it and tell the person not to do such, thus possibly preventing the same from happening again. I could even give help to security members who do not know better than to put their weapons away or use the timer on the brig or even give advice on criminal procedures and how to deal with criminals, i coudl be helpful to a newcomer A.I. and guide them through the different commands and the like. This is my reasoning for applying to the mentor program.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): There was once an ooooogre, who thought his life was ooooover, when a bunch of mystical creaaaaatures, who had mystical featuuuuuures, went invaded his swamp, around his house he stomped, but it all turned out well in the eeeeeeend. First was fine, second was the best, third was a mess, and the fourth, well it did not shine.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned for saying something about rape, this was typed by a friend who had stolen my keyboard, logs proved an attempt to stop him was made, left at that, unbanned.

I hope you consider this appeal, thank you for reading.
I know I can be a bit of an asshole. This is why I don't apply for mentor or HOS, because I personally feel no one would ever want me in either position even though I feel I could do either job without issue.

So, after berating me rudely both here and in the IRC chat I find your behavior to simply be unacceptable as well. I'm sure you could make for a great mentor but if you lose your temper with people like you did with me (when the issue didn't involve you in the first place) then you're not fit for the job.

In short, no. I disagree with your application.
Skunkrocker Wrote:So, after berating me rudely both here and in the IRC chat

Okay, two points, 1: I don't really think that telling someone to stop whining is berating, it's telling them to stop whining, and 2: I think the IRC happenings were a friendly back and forth insult match, seeing as you replied in pretty much the same manner as i originally typed, which was a joke. if i remember correctly it was along the lines of "dumbstation isn't dead, just play goon when skukrocker is on.", anyways, point noted, I'll calm my inner rage in the future. smile
knows the game, cool dude, I'm cool with him getting the purple text
I played my first real game today (as the bartender), and before I was mercilessly gunned down by the captain, I had a wonderful encounter with HempmasterIII.

I had no idea what I was doing, what I was supposed to do, or where anything was, and TheHman03, instead of getting frustrated with me when I told him that I didn't know what to do, painstakingly walked me through everything that I needed to do from explaining how my shotgun worked, to where the cups were, to how to make simple drinks/chems. He was very understanding and patient with me and made me feel very comfortable with being new. He talked to other players on my behalf and explained that I was new. He also didn't once try to kill me or grief me or anything as I was suspecting during his tutoring.

I do not know what exactly is expected of me, if anything, but I think that TheHman03 would make a very good mentor.
You forgot to put your Security experience on here which is another 300 words. AS it stands this Application is incomplete.
Ed Venture Wrote:You forgot to put your Security experience on here which is another 300 words. AS it stands this Application is incomplete.

Hey Ed, This is a mentor application only, I'm not gunning for HoS, as I'm not a good security man.
MY bad then.
I can verify that this guy is good, I had a dance off with him, which means he'll probably be decent when it comes to answering mentorhelps.
Sometimes a rude dude but doesn't overdo it, overall a pretty cool guy, yes from me.
Guy can be a jerk but not always I can tell it's all in good fun. Talked to him alot in deadchat and he is pretty cool. I say if he wants to help people let him. I vote yes.