Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
space aliens or something i guess
Okay a few guys were shit-shooting the idea in IRC about some players spawning as various space aliens that could be the existing mutations or some other strange resprites of humans.

no then everyone would just pick aliens: I was thinking there could be a low possibility for certain jobs, botanist having a chance of starting as a weed-smoking fishman, like in those sweet QM deals. Assistant could be a myriad of rubber-forehead men, dudes with like 100 eyes, and other creepy shit for spawnchance. Simple sprite differences that would have literally 0 ingame effect.

B-But then they're nonhuman: For this, there could be a possibility of an 'alien worker pass', which just says like (TEMPORARY HUMAN) on their ID, after their job/name. This means that according to the AI, borgs, and whatnot, they would be technically human as long as they had a human pass. All bets are off if it gets robbed/destroyed, but it would at least serve as a bit of insurance.

How would this add to the whacky fun of SS13: because having strange looking humanoid aliens is a staple of any scifi + it would be super neat. I'd even be willing to try some funky human-ish alien spritings.
Please no, I don't want this to be like Bay.
Amuys Wrote:Please no, I don't want this to be like Bay.
It's not furries - it's humorous stuff like the chef being an octopus and serving calamari. There wouldn't really be any true advantages/disadvantages, just gimmicky stuff. Plus, imagine the antics that would occur when the non-human loses his pass.

Quote:<nerderror> "I'm sorry undocumented alien worker, NT rules prohibit me from allowing you to pass without your work pass"
<Bobert_> nerderror, "But my work pass is in there!"

also:
Quote:<atomikkrab> COMMIT KALA-MARI! should be an option with a steak knife
<atomikkrab> where you ceremonially turn yourself into a pile of octopus tentacle ring thigns
we already have a chef who can literally turn people into humanoid lizards + monkeys, so animal people aren't an unheard of thing
This would actually be A-ok if we veered away from humanoid animals like cats and dogs, and stuck specifically to humanoid aliens.
Lizard people are cool
So would weird blue tinged people with black eyes, or martian hybrids who are kinda bumpy in shape, or cockroach people.
Oh okay. As long as borgs don't decided to murder them for shiggles.
That's why the work pass would be in play. And yeah, my idea was like 50's style green-skinned people aliens, with like earstalks or something. I only mentioned fishmen since they sorta exist???
it should either be very common in spawning (so that people don't single out the one alien, and instead are used to seeing lots of them) or toggleable (so that if there aren't going to be many aliens, only people prepared to get annoyed by questions/attacked by assistants are alines)
Rockman race for miner spawns? They could eat ores and stuff.
It's sort of a way to add challenge to really robust players, too. I like that.
Optional yet Comically-Comic Space Aliens that would look just right in a Retro Space Noir Simulation Game? Hell to the fuck yes. Although, I'm going against the 'Random at roundstart', I think it would be best if we could choose which we are. Like underwear or some shit.
potentially stupid idea: Give space aliens some different medical things so doctors have to think about that.

e.g Rock people might be able to withstand a small explosion, but they can't get necessary medical injections because their skin is too hard.
atomic1fire Wrote:potentially stupid idea: Give space aliens some different medical things so doctors have to think about that.

e.g Rock people might be able to withstand a small explosion, but they can't get necessary medical injections because their skin is too hard.

The original point of this was that these wouldn't really have any benefits (other than gimmicky stuff). That would make a great mutation, however.
cogs was working on some new mutantraces iirc
Saintish Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:potentially stupid idea: Give space aliens some different medical things so doctors have to think about that.

The original point of this was that these wouldn't really have any benefits (other than gimmicky stuff). That would make a great mutation, however.
We already have Hulk, why not Thing? "It's clobberin' time!"