Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medals, and why you want them
The HoS/Security should have some rad medals to give to people as a sign of respect and gratitude of service, but also to show loyality to command/sec/NT. This is part of the making security more awesome idea.
Where and How
Medal box [Image: mdzoA7V.png]
Blank Medal [Image: IJCU5iJ.png]
A box of blank medals should spawn in the HoS' room, on his desk. A further 2 boxes should be locked away inside his locker. A box of security identification badges also start in security's room.
Medals can made similar to how metal products from metal sheets are made, by doubling clicking the blank medal in your hand and selecting the medal you want. You apply medals to people like would with medicine. Medals appear as an overlay on your clothing, where depends on the medal; arms/chest. You can flash your medals at people by emoting *medal, so people can tell what they are instead of guessing at the sprite.
The Medals
NT Clearance Band
[Image: 0jTT9Ch.png]
Recieved for being a trusted NT Personelle. This is given to citizens who Command trust, and thus are allowed into the bridge/security, and are allowed to arm themselves if needs be. Essentially: if some dude wants to help security, you can give them this to avoid confusion.
Rank 1 Insignia
[Image: n26ELl0.png]
Recieved to officers (or anyone acting sec). Pretty, but redundant, as rank 1 have no commanding power over someone without the insignia
Rank 2 Insignia
[Image: k6JvAMl.png]
Don't get too big for your boots, mister.
Rank 3 Insignia
[Image: 4pf67ar.png]
You're practically a HoS now, dork! All you need is the beret!
Security Identification badge
[Image: HESdP9G.png]
Nice Badge. This is a step up from being NT personelle, the laws on your side now. This badge is special as it can be applied to armor, eod, and the detectives coat, unlike all the other badges.
Medal of Merit
[Image: WhDNWXs.png]
Command thought you were rather robust back there. Enjoy flashing this medal around.
Medal of Honor
[Image: zM7EETB.png]
You practically saved the station. You're the king of ass-wooping town.
Purple Heart Medal
[Image: Sp2IlGi.png]
Given to those who lost limbs or got severely fucked up in the process of helping security.
Black Heart Medal
[Image: 2JWDhaH.png]
Same as above, but they got so fucked up they required cloning.
Space Operations Badge
[Image: jNLwGcE.png]
You and your pod are now loyal to NT, and are recognized as part as a defense force. Could also attach to space suits too, I guess.
Ranger Band
[Image: 18FrE0N.png]
Given to officers who have completed tele-science expeditions. Also given to dudes who want to be armed during a tele-science expeditions.
Medical Officer Ribbon
[Image: RYid0Xn.png]
You saved an someone's life, this proves that you are a nice guy. Also can be given to people who want to doctor specifically security personelle.
Bastard Cross
[Image: 5GAWO2m.png]
You're a stone cold bastard. A sarcastic medal given to those who murdered someone, but could also be given to those who murdered a fuck-ton of nuclear operatives/really bad guys.
Dunce Band
[Image: jjWNpeA.png]
To receive this, you might of done something incredibly retarded. Or you were a good clown. This medal and the previous one is open to interpretation whether recieving it is good/bad.
Counter Intellegence band
[Sprite coming soon!]
You're now part of a covert squad of secrecy and mystery. Given to those who went succesfully undercover
Logical Cross
[Sprite coming soon!]
Given to borgs who went out on a limb to be a good cyborg and followed his laws to the letter.
Research Service Ribbon
[Sprite coming soon!]
Received to anybody in research who helped security in some form of fashion, whether it be giving them artifacts, or meth.
EOD Badge
[Sprite coming soon!]
You helped disarm a bomb. That was a risky endeavor that should be recognized. Could also be given to those who helped in the aftermath of a bomb, like repairing.
Paranormal Insignia
[Sprite coming soon!]
X-files reference, you managed to capture alive something paranormal (wizard, changling, wendigo)
I should probably also say that I am currently spriting what the medals will look like on the person.
If I were a traitor clown I would demand HOS give me as many medals as possible in exchange for the sanity of the crew.
We should also allow sec/command to give out custom medals as well.
atomic1fire Wrote:If I were a traitor clown I would demand HOS give me as many dunce bands as possible in exchange for the sanity of the crew.
fix'd that for you. You could go around sticking dunce bands to peoples clothing and there's nothing they can do to remove it.
Also the dunce band is a reference to:
[Image: Banana-Sticker-002.jpg?m=1286460369]
epicdwarf Wrote:We should also allow sec/command to give out custom medals as well.

The purpose behind the medals is that they're pretty non-descript. They'll have a title sure, but you can award them at your leisure.
i.e: The ranked insignia could be given to whichever botanist grows the dankest weed, 1st prize wins 3rd rank insignia, 2nd prize winds 2nd rank, etc. The medal of honor could given to the winner of a boxing championship, the space operations badge could be given as a throw-in with the lazer gun in the armory to people who want to go fight drones, the bastard cross could be used to signify bad intentions (i.e: Mindslaved security, or some traitor RP'ing an insane vet)
Worlds your oyster.
i should just spawn with the bastard cross let's just be real here
Sounds like a neat idea, could lead to nifty sec gimmicks, which are always better than boring normal sec.
Sundance Wrote:the space operations badge could be given as a throw-in with the lazer gun in the armory to people who want to go fight drones,

Laser gun in the armory? How long has it been since you last played?
Add this in RIGHT NOW THIS IS FUCKING GREAT
KikiMofo Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:the space operations badge could be given as a throw-in with the lazer gun in the armory to people who want to go fight drones,

Pod lasers you goof. Hence "fight drones".
YJHGHTFH Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

Pod lasers you goof. Hence "fight drones".
Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering how long it's been since we had lasers in the armory.
If I were a security officer I would want a fancy dress coat to show off as many medals as humanly possible.

It would be neat if security had an alternative dress uniform, for being all respectful or yelling at greyshirts to call you "Sir Fatsec Mcdonutface, knight of the order of gluttony".

And some kind of way to attach medals to this dress coat, so you can show off your mad security skills (maybe just a dresscoat that replaces the armor, but is for looks only)
KikiMofo Wrote:Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering how long it's been since we had lasers in the armory.
Laser arrays appeared in the armory on April 3rd, and riot shotguns have been available since June 29th.
Kovirii Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering how long it's been since we had lasers in the armory.
Laser arrays appeared in the armory on April 3rd, and riot shotguns have been available since June 29th.
No I don't mean the arrays. If I meant the pod guns I would say pod guns. I mean lasers. As in laser guns. When was the last time we had laser guns in the armory.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Kovirii Wrote:
No I don't mean the arrays. If I meant the pod guns I would say pod guns. I mean lasers. As in laser guns. When was the last time we had laser guns in the armory.

Riot shotguns replaced laser guns in the armory, therefore the last time we had laser guns in the armory would be before June 29th 2013.