Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown, #2, 2014-04-27, ~16:00 (UTC)
Admin name: Unknown
Server: #2
Date/Time: 2014-04-27, ~16:00 (UTC)
Synopsis:

I'll keep this brief. Somebody muted me and I have no idea why. According to Conor, this form of punishment is almost never employed and I couldn't have used adminhelp to ask for a reason anyway. Here's an overview of the puzzle pieces I have:

- I spawned as the AI. The round soon turned out be a admin-gimmick one, so I figured it would be best to lean back and let them have some fun with their buses. I didn't interfere in any way and probably wrote less than 30 lines in total, none of which I'd consider annoying or offensive.
- OOC was enabled. I didn't use it once, neither did I ping any PDAs.
- While I did use a couple of emotes in response to people in my in chamber, there was no spamming going on.
- I don't think I missed any admin PMs. As for adminhelp...didn't send any before being muted.
- Eventually discovered my predicament when trying to respond to a mentorhelp.
- Conor checked my player notes after the server restarted. He said they were blank.

That is all I know. I'd appreciate if the person in question could tell me what I did wrong, so I can avoid making whatever my mistake was in the future.

Log: "You are muted have a nice day"
Extra Information: According to my logs, these admins were online at the relevant time: Conor12, MagicMountain, SpaceNaba, Wonkmin
Correction: my player notes aren't blank, they just contain nothing relevant to this round. Sorry for the confusion.
please dont mute people unless they're cluwne spamming frown
Being muted is a horrible experience. I'd sure be angry if I got muted without an explanation!

I was playing at the time and was on the IRC, he didn't get any PMs.
I was detective during that round, and didn't hear or see anything bad from the AI.
whoever did this needs to own up to it!
FYI I remember when this happened it was mentioned that an admin may have misclicked and muted you by accident.
If it was an accident, I can accept that. No hard feelings. You may want to change some aspects of muting should though. It is my understanding that there isn't a notification for the affected party, he/she can't even use adminhelp to ask why and muting actions aren't included in the log of previous rounds. Aside from providing a horrible experience for the player (I agree with Conor here), it could potentially be abused.
Yeah a lot of admin actions are ancient and thus not tied in correctly with things like out of game logging and confirmation prompts. This is actually a project I have taken upon myself (cleaning up admin stuff) so it is being worked on. Sorry you were the receiver of this terrible admin power though.
Muting is horrible. There isn't much that can be done given the lack of logs. And since no-one has came forward to give a reason for it, it seems to be a genuine mistake and they didn't notice. (It may have even been me!)

Sorry you were on the recieving end of some admin stupidity, Convair.