Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some crazy idea people will laugh at
There is no POINT if it's only one day a year. The point of this is to let everyone do what they want and blow off steam from all the shitty rounds they had that week. If it's only one day a year no one will care.

On the point of people doing inventive things during traitor rounds this day will give everyone a chance to try and test out all those things they wanted to do but didn't want to waste their one traitor round a day on if it messes up. Sure you might get lasered to death on that round but then you know that you have THE NEXT ONE. All day you have a chance to try again. Not every round is going to be the same captain lasering everyone. Eventually people would get bored of lasering each other. It wouldn't happen all day. You people seem to think people don't get bored of murdering everyone. Sure it's going to happen the first couple times but then people will get it out of their systems AND THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS DAY. To work this out of their systems so they can try cooler and more creative traitor things another day.
Saintish Wrote:Maybe one day out of every week/month, a mentor/HoS gets tempmin; without the banning privileges, of course, and perhaps a bit of code can be added (if needed) so that a tempmin can only use their powers when an admin is online or in IRC.

It's a way to get new and creative events without resorting to some kind of "Grief Day". Admins can already do events, this "Do WHATEVVVVER THEY WANT" would likely involve lots of explosives, not anything they couldn't just do normally.
I think what we're getting at here is that a new mode is needed: rampage - free for all deathmatch.
Kovirii Wrote:
Saintish Wrote:Maybe one day out of every week/month, a mentor/HoS gets tempmin; without the banning privileges, of course, and perhaps a bit of code can be added (if needed) so that a tempmin can only use their powers when an admin is online or in IRC.

It's a way to get new and creative events without resorting to some kind of "Grief Day". Admins can already do events, this "Do WHATEVVVVER THEY WANT" would likely involve lots of explosives, not anything they couldn't just do normally.
I think what we're getting at here is that a new mode is needed: rampage - free for all deathmatch.

This was a thing at some point.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Game_Modes#Deathmatch
KikiMofo Wrote:If you've played with me before you know I don't rampage.
MMMM HMM...
I've played with you.
You do rampage.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:If you've played with me before you know I don't rampage.
MMMM HMM...
I've played with you.
You do rampage.
I'm not good at rampage so I don't do it. Only times I can see as rampage is near the end of the round when I got done with whatever traitor shenanigans I wanted to do. Like placing bombs around or maybe when I order a surplus crate and it gives me rampage items. Anyway this is off topic.
What if they just took one server, like server three, set aside one day out of the year/month/week/whatever sounds good.

Then instead of removing the grief rule entirely, take all the game modes that are prone to grief, like deathmatch, rev, gang mode, (and maybe just some little used modes, like waldo) and run them on that day, some by admin choice and maybe some voted by players.

Give it a cool name, like Friend or foe friday

Players can still be greify jerks, tell stories about how they dominated nerds, but all the players that don't want to be bombed every round would be shielded from pro players and extra attention. Plus if some of the rounds prove to be too popular they can be phased back into the servers pending player feedback.

The only disadvantage I see is extra admin involvement might be needed, and it would reduce some players from other servers and maybe reduce the overall wackyness on the rest of the servers.

Admins can turn it into their little grief sandbox, and players can blow themselves up to their hearts delight depending on the current round type.
atomic1fire Wrote:What if they just took one server, like server three, set aside one day out of the year/month/week/whatever sounds good.

Then instead of removing the grief rule entirely, take all the game modes that are prone to grief, like deathmatch, rev, gang mode, (and maybe just some little used modes, like waldo) and run them on that day, some by admin choice and maybe some voted by players.

Give it a cool name, like Friend or foe friday

Players can still be greify jerks, tell stories about how they dominated nerds, but all the players that don't want to be bombed every round would be shielded from pro players and extra attention. Plus if some of the rounds prove to be too popular they can be phased back into the servers pending player feedback.

The only disadvantage I see is extra admin involvement might be needed, and it would reduce some players from other servers and maybe reduce the overall wackyness on the rest of the servers.

Admins can turn it into their little grief sandbox, and players can blow themselves up to their hearts delight depending on the current round type.

I like this idea. I think segregating it to a single server is also a good idea so that people who just want to chill out and grow weed, can.
Hahahaha, holy shit I use "THUNDERDOME" as a facetious strawman argument all the fucking time, and now someone has literally suggested THUNDERDOME as a fucking game type for an entire day, and you people are like "Totally, let's do it!"
I don't think you've noticed but this is the server where people can punch eachother to death in the ring and smoke weed and no one will blink as long as it was voluntary.

The closest thing to grief that might fly is having a captain convince the rest of the heads to play a voluntary game of Russian roulette for captain status.

Actually people used to create feces smoke and make incredible slippy messes, just because they could.

I'm pretty certain one of the reasons goons is probably popular is because the admins are willing to carnage things and break monotony.

IIRC there's usually at least one round occasionally where that admin vehicle starts kidnapping people and macho man blows half the station up.

Goonstation is always teetering between serious gameplay and carnage. Lately it's just been traitor bombs, but there was one round where admin spawned martians everywhere (because an unnamed player broke human martian negotiations by drunkenly feeding said martian bootleg vintage 2010, if you know what I mean)

I understand you don't want a vehicle for grief, but this is a server/s where chaos happens anyway.
We had a round 2d spaceman shooter last night, and I gotta say, there need to be respawns so that you can't camp the shuttle.
atomic1fire Wrote:I don't think you've noticed but this is the server where people can punch eachother to death in the ring and smoke weed and no one will blink as long as it was voluntary.

The closest thing to grief that might fly is having a captain convince the rest of the heads to play a voluntary game of Russian roulette for captain status.

Actually people used to create feces smoke and make incredible slippy messes, just because they could.

I'm pretty certain one of the reasons goons is probably popular is because the admins are willing to carnage things and break monotony.

IIRC there's usually at least one round occasionally where that admin vehicle starts kidnapping people and macho man blows half the station up.

Goonstation is always teetering between serious gameplay and carnage. Lately it's just been traitor bombs, but there was one round where admin spawned martians everywhere (because an unnamed player broke human martian negotiations by drunkenly feeding said martian bootleg vintage 2010, if you know what I mean)

I understand you don't want a vehicle for grief, but this is a server/s where chaos happens anyway.

See the fun thing about the carnage is the spontaneity of it. Repetition can ruin all manner of fun things in no time flat.

I just don't see this engendering creativity. Whenever I'm a traitor and I try to come up with a creative gimmick, if it isn't kneecapped by over-eager vigilantes (people who are acting that way because, as a traitor, I'm free game for them to fuck with), it's done in by other traitors who feel that the only way to traitor is to rampage.

It SOUNDS like a good idea. But I've been around this server long enough to see what kind of shit the crew is capable of when the gloves come off. The comm computers would be destroyed, the AI would be destroyed, and you'd get 200 hour rounds of one guy killing everyone with all the traitor items he's harvested from everyone else. Just because MANY people don't do that doesn't mean jack shit; it only takes one.

That would get old FAST. It wouldn't even take a day. For every person who wanted to come up with a fun gimmick or silly shit to do, there would be a mob of people who would undermine it if not outright brick wall it. All of those naive, hopeful fun people would get jaded on the idea of being fun at all and would just leave, and only the asshole rampagers would remain.

But yeah hey it's the most fun thing in the world watching cloaking c-saber traitors with TK kill everyone right.
I had a lot of fun in a recent round as a non-antag botanist.
It was the beginning of the round, and I asked politely to use the chem dispenser. I was refused, so I promptly broke in. This caused a fight between me and the bartender with it ending with me knocking him unconscious with a fire extinguisher. I got what I needed from the dispenser and left.
Later, I had a full batch of explosive tomatoes that I was going to use to vandalize the chapel with. However, the chef and bartender teamed up to take me down. The chef stole my crate of tomatoes, and spaced them but I escaped to botany. They stormed after me while I was and tried to catch me. Feeling like a vindictive butt, I chuted some of the tomatoes into the kitchen and myself as well. After a spectacular explosion I escaped the bar.
Much later, as I decided the best way to break into EVA was throw tomatoes at its window, the chef found me again. I tried outrunning him, but a poorly thrown tomato blasted me badly. I crawled to the pod hangar and jumped into a pod. The chef came in hot pursuit, but I made it to the botany hangar. In crit, I just had to open one door. But the firelock was active from the kitchen bombing earlier. I collapsed, and the chef shot me with his mini putt until I died. He actually went to the effort of dragging my corpse to genetics though.
After the round, it turned out neither of us were antags, but damn that was fun. All from getting in an argument over using the chem dispenser.
Amuys Wrote:I had a lot of fun in a recent round as a non-antag botanist.
It was the beginning of the round, and I asked politely to use the chem dispenser. I was refused, so I promptly broke in. This caused a fight between me and the bartender with it ending with me knocking him unconscious with a fire extinguisher. I got what I needed from the dispenser and left.
Later, I had a full batch of explosive tomatoes that I was going to use to vandalize the chapel with. However, the chef and bartender teamed up to take me down. The chef stole my crate of tomatoes, and spaced them but I escaped to botany. They stormed after me while I was and tried to catch me. Feeling like a vindictive butt, I chuted some of the tomatoes into the kitchen and myself as well. After a spectacular explosion I escaped the bar.
Much later, as I decided the best way to break into EVA was throw tomatoes at its window, the chef found me again. I tried outrunning him, but a poorly thrown tomato blasted me badly. I crawled to the pod hangar and jumped into a pod. The chef came in hot pursuit, but I made it to the botany hangar. In crit, I just had to open one door. But the firelock was active from the kitchen bombing earlier. I collapsed, and the chef shot me with his mini putt until I died. He actually went to the effort of dragging my corpse to genetics though.
After the round, it turned out neither of us were antags, but damn that was fun. All from getting in an argument over using the chem dispenser.
Wrong topic? Still really cool story.
Sorry. I just meant that you can still have dumb, aggressive fun even if neither the parties are traitors. All things in moderation though.
Sorry. I just meant that you can still have dumb, aggressive fun even if neither the parties are traitors. All things in moderation though.