Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeathrayJack LLJK2 4/26/2014 10:55 (UTC+12)
Admin: DeathrayJack
Server: LLJK2
Date/Time: 04/26/14 10:55 (UTC+12)
Synopsis: Part-way into the round, several people get attacked and gibbed by an apparent non-antagonist with a red chainsaw. Eventually, he gets disarmed, and someone manages to attack him with his own chainsaw. Before he dies, he gibs in a manner similar to how I've seen an admin suicide before, with a big explosion animation. He proceeds to shit up deadchat, saying that he hacked the server, talking like a typical chan idiot. It's at this point I adminhelp:
Code:
HELP:  You: Spetznaz Spiff was possibly a non-antag rampager with a chainsaw.
HELP:  You: Feels like all the shit people are on tonight.

A while later, conveniently after he goes silent in deadchat, I get this response.
Code:
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Damn it. It's that hacker again.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: We investigated but forgot to tell you. But yeah, looks like the hacker is back.
HELP:  You: Wonderful, any chance of a respawn?
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Did he use the chainsaw that gibs you?
HELP:  You: Yes.
HELP:  You: And some others, not sure who exactly.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Yeah he alters the variables so that you can't be revived if he kills you with that chainsaw. It's some kind of HTML exploit
HELP:  You: So even respawning doesn't work. Wow, that is incredibly shitty.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Yup. He's a pretty damned annoying hacker.
HELP:  You: I'd say force restart the round but that'd be unfair to everyone who didn't get fucked over by him.

Sounds a bit fishy, I think nothing of it at first, but then I get other victims complaining that it was an admin fucking around, so I confront DeathrayJack with the following:
Code:
HELP:  You: You know, I doubt that really was a hacker, all things considered.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Why do you say that?
HELP:  You: Seems a bit convenient, is all.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: Convenient how?
HELP:  You: I only heard from you after he stopped being a shit in deadchat. And he gibbed with an explosion animation before actually dying when someone attacked him with his own chainsaw, which is similar to how I've seen admins suicide before.
Admin PM from-DeathrayJack: I guess all we can do is just wait and see

'Wait and see' huh? I know this may be wild speculation, but the way it was treated, and the explanations that were given, seem highly suspicious to me.
I was the admin in the round. I rolled legit traitor and used a traitor item and then I gibselfed when a cloaker got me. Someone asked (I think it was you actually) if I was non-antag so I ran with that as a joke. Apparently people believed me a little too seriously.

And for all the other ghosts who logged out before the round ended to see.

Spetznaz Spiff (played by GorillaMyDreams) was a traitor!
Objective #1: Try to kidnap active crew members and leave them stranded but alive in unpleasant places. This objective is not tracked and will automatically succeed, so just have fun with it! Success
Objective #2: Escape on the shuttle alive. Failed
Thanks for clearing that up. The way the other admin covered for you was a little shitty, however.
I was using the traitor saw. The one that gibs people upon killing their dead body and then was taken down (easily lol) by a cloaking geneticist.
I know, I saw the whole thing. How do you think I saw the gibself explosion? Anyway, it's cool now that I know you were a traitor.