Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time of they year when we rant about security.
I actually have an idea for something that might be helpful on the page once you are dont with a clean up.

I was thinking that maybe a section containing advice from veteran security players directed towards new people to the job/game might be helpful. Kind of like a learn by example kind of thing maybe? If you and others think this is an idea worth pursuing, ill make a thread about it to get people's feedback.
every time I tried to cull it down someone else came along and posted 10 million words no one is gonna ever reaf
hatmadder Wrote:I actually have an idea for something that might be helpful on the page once you are dont with a clean up.

I was thinking that maybe a section containing advice from veteran security players directed towards new people to the job/game might be helpful. Kind of like a learn by example kind of thing maybe? If you and others think this is an idea worth pursuing, ill make a thread about it to get people's feedback.

everyone has a different idea what sec is supposed to do so this will just confuse or overwhelm new players
Why don't we just summarize it like this:
1. Hit/Shoot people with stun baton/taser until they fall down.Very bad people you can hit with harm intent.
2.Cuff and brig them if you care. If not, just fart on their face and write a ticket.
3.Eat donuts.
i just looked at the quickstart page and it too has been all shitted up ARGH keep it fucking simple
Amuys Wrote:Why don't we just summarize it like this:
1. Hit/Shoot people with stun baton/taser until they fall down.Very bad people you can hit with harm intent.
2.Cuff and brig them if you care. If not, just fart on their face and write a ticket.
3.Eat donuts.
Because it's a wiki and people can't resist writing a million words about the exact level of force ~SPACE LAW~ dictates for everything and how you can't ever interfere with anyone's fun or you'll be mega banned.
A good idea for Sec might be to always have one person acting as a dispatcher/relay station of sorts, because it can be a lot to process all the green text coming in, so it'd be good to have someone filtering out that information to the red text channel, so officers on the beat can pay attention to what's important.
[Image: TNF6i8Z.png]
So i'm doing a table of things, because everyone likes tables.
This is guidelines/suggestions for dealing with not only antagonists, but general ne'er-do-wells. This is going to replace the wall of text that is "Trouble in Paradise"

Note the difference between a joker and an asshole: A joker doesn't have fun at the total expense of others, and that's really where the sec should pay attention/make arrests to people who are generally putting a dampener on a round by various things, not only murder. A bad sec officer I would regard to be the worst offenders of having fun at the expense of others too. I'm putting a header above that essentially encourages fun and that a round without antagonists can be quite boring. At the same token a round where antagonists run riot can also be boring for all the dead dudes, so it's a balancing act.

I'm also working at nice security etiquette, basically expanding on that whole "Shield, not a sword" Philosophy.
Yadda Yadda follow me here:
http://wiki.ss13.co/User:Sundance
i purged the hell out of the page

the table has pretty pictures which is always better than text so go for it
put changeling and shambler in different categories because one that's being sneaky is a kind of medium-high attention deal but one who is just rampaging around eating fucking everybody is a "please somebody kill it" type deal
Now this might be fucking unrelated, but fuck it. While we're in a security thread, can we discuss Vigilantes? These fucking people are more annoying than incompetent security. These fucking people will stop at nothing to beat someone up and take a traitors gear away even if they haven't done shit yet. Even if someone were wearing a Fake Moustache, you would be chased down by these assholes, there really needs to be a crackdown on these types of people.
There should also be a place for "benign"antag and a warning that sec probably shouldn't actively try to tangle with them else the antag or the antag's friends will swiftly robust you.
Update: Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Also tickets
Basically, a quick how2officer. I tried to cut out ALL the bullshit, and just sum it up in a few words.
I also did quick how2ticket guide. Because that wasn't there and it made me sad.
I just need a quick revision of words (shit like decide your decisions), structure and add some hyperlinks.

[Image: UYL0sxp.png]

Also more on dealing with dudes

[Image: PSvgG02.png]
[Image: 3EqUEY9.png]
Aw shit, r-click and view image if your bothered to read. Or go to http://wiki.ss13.co/User:Sundance
Let me know if something stands out that you disagree with.

mozi Wrote:i purged the hell out of the page

the table has pretty pictures which is always better than text so go for it

Big thanks mozi. I wouldn't know where to start when deleting shit. I'll probably go a few steps further and rework some other stuff too, basically halving what we had originally when I introduce my stuff.

Dauntasa Wrote:put changeling and shambler in different categories because one that's being sneaky is a kind of medium-high attention deal but one who is just rampaging around eating fucking everybody is a "please somebody kill it" type deal

I have stated in the changeling category that a shambler is a big fuck off monster that can't be controlled and should be purged.

TheTrixRabitt Wrote:Now this might be fucking unrelated, but fuck it. While we're in a security thread, can we discuss Vigilantes? These fucking people are more annoying than incompetent security. These fucking people will stop at nothing to beat someone up and take a traitors gear away even if they haven't done shit yet. Even if someone were wearing a Fake Moustache, you would be chased down by these assholes, there really needs to be a crackdown on these types of people.

Now that you've mentioned that, I'll probably add vigilantes to the table. They demand high attention.

Amuys Wrote:There should also be a place for "benign"antag and a warning that sec probably shouldn't actively try to tangle with them else the antag or the antag's friends will swiftly robust you.

Explain?
what's this about not killing changelings? I have literally never seen anyone not try to kill a changeling because of how difficult it is to keep them in any way restrained. It's trivial for them to bust out of any kind of restraints and they can keep attacking with their abilities anyway. Plus even standing near one lets them neurotox you which will either straight up murder you or reduce you to a gibbering retard depending.

Changelings are all about eating dudes and letting one go means that it will just change faces and continue eating dudes. I'd love to see what deadchat would look like if you just let a changeling go.