Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My brother wants to play, but can't?
Sad 
So I've told my stories to my brother for some time and he's interested in trying the game.  The problem is that the server says he's using a proxy.

We concluded that it's because his roommate uses a proxy (he himself doesn't) and that is probably what's causing him to be unable to joined.

I suggested putting something in the Unban appeal (searching around the forums led me to believe this would be the fastest way of solving the problem), but he said he contacted support and is gonna wait on them.

I really want my brother to experience the amazingness of this game, so...uh...what do?
if his roommate is connecting to a proxy on his own computer that wouldn't effect your brother. only if your gateway device is configured to use a proxy would your traffic also go through it (aka the proxy settings are configured on a shared router thus funneling everyone through the configured proxy, or he's connecting to the internet through the roomates pc via ICS utilizing it as the gateway instead of your router) EDIT: ICS not a bridge

I personally connect through a vpn all the time without issue just because i forget to turn it off at times

could you provide a screenshot of the error you get?

also ensure that he has registered a byond account and is logged in. goonstation does not allow guest accounts
After talking more, apparently the issue is the byond website itself.

I might just make an account for him or something?
(05-09-2017, 12:22 PM)Technature Wrote: After talking more, apparently the issue is the byond website itself.

I might just make an account for him or something?

I can say with certainty that he will need a byond account. if he is having trouble settling it up himaelf then yea do it for him and pass along the sign in