Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Suppression Systems
Since we have very few secondary systems for pods currently, I thought that adding one more might be useful: A fire suppression system. Basically, whenever your pod catches fire, normally from taking too much damage, the fire suppression system would activate, extinguishing the flames in and on the pod. Your pod would still be heavily damaged, but at least you wouldn't be burning to death and exploding while you stay in it.
Alternatively, if you could turn off life support for a similar effect (since, yknow, fire shouldn't be possible in a vacuum) or just allow this fire suppression system as an alternative part to add in place of Life Support. Good for if you're a miner, where you plan on wearing a space suit in the pod anyway.
Crumplehat Wrote:Alternatively, if you could turn off life support for a similar effect (since, yknow, fire shouldn't be possible in a vacuum) or just allow this fire suppression system as an alternative part to add in place of Life Support. Good for if you're a miner, where you plan on wearing a space suit in the pod anyway.
Vent all the oxygen, get cold, maybe a little burned by hot and cold, and save the day.

Why doesn't a passenger or the pilot using a fire extinguisher really fight the fire? I don't guess you can repair a pod from the inside either?

McDogles Wrote:A fire suppression system. Basically, whenever your pod catches fire, normally from taking too much damage, the fire suppression system would activate, extinguishing the flames in and on the pod.
This might be a bit complicated, but would the suppression system take another canister (or just a fire extinguisher, or even plasma tank filled with firefighting foam) and use it up? Or would it just recharge over time?
Only if I can emag the fire suppression module and load it with other reagents.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Only if I can emag the fire suppression module and load it with other reagents.
In the case that you don't load it with another reagent, using it or just getting in the pod period will result in a pod filled with fire or vacuum.