Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Idea
I was reading the thread about balancing the vampire, and it gave me an idea.

Blood in People Containers
Every person should be changed to a special "beaker" of size 400 or so. A fully healthy person would have this container filled with 200 units of blood. The other 200 or so units would be for other chemicals. This blood should slowly regenerate, up to the original 200 units, so if somebody takes your blood, you can still get it back.

Consequences

The biggest thing I would suggest is to tie the maximum health one could have to the amount of blood in the system. In the suggesting above, the simplest thing would be your maximum health is the blood in you divided by 2. This should probably be capped at 100, but it might be funny for people to steal blood from others to give themselves more health.

For vampires, I would increase their container size to 1000, where they would keep the blood they acquired. I would also change how they suck blood. They should start out sucking blood at the full 10 units per cycle for 5 cycles. The amount of blood per cycle should then be cut in half for the next cycle, so the vampire would get only 5 units per cycle. After the next 5 cycles the amount of blood would be cut in half again, and so on, until the vampire has taken 100 units of blood. This would put the victim just at crit, unless the vampire ran away before hand. It would also mean the victim would need a blood transfusion (or wait a long time) before they were able to be healed. Or the vampire might be a jerk and beat the victim to death anyways, so who knows.

So, I guess my idea for vampires amounts to reducing the blood a vampire can get from a victim and capping the total blood.

Other fun ideas:
Make bleeding out from a gunshot wound more of a concern. Bleed yourself out a bit so you can fit in more drugs/medicine. Jam people full of sugar/booze to find a vampire. Sleepy pen somebody with smoke reagents, watch as most of their blood goes away. Have blood type be important, and give medbay something new to do.

I don't know too much about how the game is coded, so hopefully this isn't too stupid of an idea from a coding perspective.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Also, let me know if I need to clarify anything
I really like this idea. There are things that would need to be ironed out about chemical reactions in your body. Like Arikie said, "the way smoke works now all the blood would instantly disappear from your body if you got a smoke reaction inside of you" So yeah. I do think this would be a cool idea though.
So basically I can drain someone almost completely of blood and have them be pumped full of water, then watch as they fruitlessly try to heal themselves?

I like it.

Some ironing out. I think that the human should be two beakers, so one beaker for the blood, and one for everything else. if someone is missing blood and the everything else beaker is full, the newly injected chemicals would go to the blood beaker. Then it will slowly drain into the everything else beaker as it slowly metabolizes the reagents inside. it would also mean that smoke reactions could only smoke out the everything else beaker, and not the blood one.
KikiMofo Wrote:I really like this idea. There are things that would need to be ironed out about chemical reactions in your body. Like Arikie said, "the way smoke works now all the blood would instantly disappear from your body if you got a smoke reaction inside of you" So yeah. I do think this would be a cool idea though.

One chemborg to rule them all.A Heartless machine with no fear of smoke poweder....Coming soon to a station near you
Couldn't you just inject space fungus into someone's bloodstream and give them a blood clot via carpet?

On one hand, it would be really funny and a silent but deadly way to kill people.

On the other, that seems kinda OP.

Overall I like the idea of a blood limit that necessitates blood transfusions and whatever, on the other, death by carpet.
NotReallyJeff Wrote:This blood should slowly regenerate, up to the original 200 units, so if somebody takes your blood, you can still get it back.
Eating food, certain reagents, and perhaps health should influence how fast blood regenerates.

NotReallyJeff Wrote:Every person should be changed to a special "beaker" of size 400 or so. A fully healthy person would have this container filled with 200 units of blood. The other 200 or so units would be for other chemicals.
Removing all 200 units of someone's blood and replacing it would be pretty tedious. Even if you had one of those reagent injecting artifacts (handheld or otherwise), or the reverse with a built in beaker, it would still involve a lot of clicking.

NotReallyJeff Wrote:It would also mean the victim would need a blood transfusion (or wait a long time) before they were able to be healed.
Which brings us to blood transfusions, would it be feasible to do a transfusion directly between two spacemen side-by-side in chairs or beds, foregoing the blood bag entirely.

A blood or IV bag would have two configurations, fluid flowing in or fluid flowing out, either through gravity or a pump. Placing it in the belt or pocket slots would make sense, as well as attaching it to a chair or bed.

Lavastage Wrote:So basically I can drain someone almost completely of blood
Having no blood fits relatively nicely with shock cured by saline-glucose. I guess that would rack up O2, maybe brute, and perhaps brain damage?

NotReallyJeff Wrote:The biggest thing I would suggest is to tie the maximum health one could have to the amount of blood in the system. In the suggesting above, the simplest thing would be your maximum health is the blood in you divided by 2. This should probably be capped at 100, but it might be funny for people to steal blood from others to give themselves more health.
Tying chemistry to health would probably make for some weird bugs, toss in an injector belt and you're all set. I do like the idea of buying and selling blood on the black market. I wonder how much DOC would pay for changeling blood?