Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact Nerf [bluhhhhhhh]
There is an artifact that once activated you don't even have to touch it, just meerly run past it, and it instantly gives you a heart attack. I saw it said "A pain racks your body" or whatever when I went past it but I figured it was one of those things where if you're near it it will kill you and if you get away you'll be fine. Low and behold not two minutes later I'm suddenly taking damage from nowhere. Since I was mindslaved I figured someone was attacking me but I couldn't figure out whom. Then it said "Your chest hurts." I immediately try to run and get a health analyzer to see what's up? Nope, no running, I'm in crit. I did manage to get a health analyzer but it was too late, I was fucking dead.

That's fucking bullshit. Nerf the fuck out of that, just delete whatever the fuck that is from the server.
hey guy i don't wanna rain on your parade or anything but i'm not certain that even exists so yeah you should probably investigate further before trying to remove things that don't exist???
(apologies for the double post, but) By 'doesn't exist' I mean any secret instant-death artifact. the damage artifact sends a big scary message of how you're being murdled beforehand
So wait, you passed by a negative energy artifact and TWO MINUTES LATER died of a heart attack, and you think the two are related?

The more likely scenario is someone sleepypenned you with initro or something, because this artifact thing seems like one of the least likely scenarios.
The damage artifact doesn't kill you instantly.

You either had untreated cardiac failure from earlier or some crimer jabbed you with an initropen.
In short: you got wrecked; deal with it instead of getting tears all over the place.
Spy_Guy Wrote:In short: you got wrecked; deal with it instead of getting tears all over the place.

Please don't cry on the floor. Someone will slip, blame the janitor, the beat the janitor.
Artifacts as they stand now are pretty fucking perfect, better than they've been in years. There's sufficient variety and utility in them to make them actually worth finding now, and short of telesci or pod-hauling you won't get half of them back to the station anyway.

Don't touch a thing with artifacts (ha i make funny joek).
Yeah, just ignore this. Turns out I probably got sleepyed with initro. Since the artifact was the only thing I saw that did damage that is what I assumed had done it.
Yeah I was going to say, I wouldn't make an artifact that just unavoidably kills you. They don't do heart attacks either.
Even really deadly artifacts have a way to escape from them - for death field artifacts simply move out of the radius before you die, just don't touch a borging artifact, bombs have a long windup time and if they're deactivated or destroyed before they can go off, no explosion. You could also throw it out of a mass driver or crusher it if you're quick enough. The gigantic devastating bomb artifacts have a longer windup time also.
Darkness artifacts are horrible and assistants need to stop activating them.
ISaidNo Wrote:Yeah I was going to say, I wouldn't make an artifact that just unavoidably kills you. They don't do heart attacks either.
Even really deadly artifacts have a way to escape from them - for death field artifacts simply move out of the radius before you die, just don't touch a borging artifact, bombs have a long windup time and if they're deactivated or destroyed before they can go off, no explosion. You could also throw it out of a mass driver or crusher it if you're quick enough. The gigantic devastating bomb artifacts have a longer windup time also.
You can deactivate artifact bombs?
bomb artifacts seem to default to a 2 minute timer, and give progressively more frantic alerts as they count down. just load it in the chapel mass driver and make it someone else's problem.
Is there an artifact with a borging field? Also, are the effects of artifacts random? (other than have different sprites)