Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buttlerborg
Crossposting-ish from the SA thread, but we've been kicking around the idea of a Butler Borg Module.

It starts off with a hat, monocle, fake moustache, and tuxedo.
The attachments could include:
A drink synthesizer that can dispense a few different kinds of fancy drinks, including Martinis, Gin and Tonics, and Port.
A tracker implanter that can give people special tracking implants.
A teleporter that can warp the borg to one of the tracking implants. (So whenever someone yells for the butlerborg on the radio, he can teleport there instantly. "You rang?"
An ATM attachment.
Possibly some way of firing small amounts of money? Money hose!
A briefcase transporter, similar to the atmospheric transporter engineer borgs get, that allows your Butlerborg to carry your bags for you.

So, basically, a high-class equivalent to the brobot, designed to instantly and easily assist everyone who needs a touch of class on the station.
Sounds neat, but what happens when you emag it? I would say give it all access to chemistry ingredients but that would be a little too op.
Uhh... as it stands, nothing happens to any other borg when you emag it. They simply have their laws scrambled, they don't gain access to new and frightening powers. If you can't figure out ways to have fun with no laws, and tracking implants, you might be playing the wrong game.
This also gives captain/hos the option to force people into "fancy" indentured servitude.

Instead of just making them a borg with default laws, why not make them into your own personal servant borg.

Jeevestron, come to me and refill my glass of wine, I am feeling rather peckish.

Also why not give him a fancy food dispenser.

Captain could instruct an assistant to set the table, while jenkins borg drops caviar, cake, and steak.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Possibly some way of firing small amounts of money? Money hose!

If this implemented can we then make it rain on den hoes?
A new borg type would be pretty neat. Also the idea of a borg in a tux, with a monocle is pretty damn awesome. Someone sprite this right away.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=537
MBC already did a fine bulter borg sprite.

Also, I think this would be better as a replacement for the (useless) Standard borg. Give the the Vanilla Standard Borg's stuff to Brobot's, making brobot modules somewhat useful.
Sundance Wrote:http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=537
That sprite is pretty rad, though the old butlerborg thread it links is gone.

Food synthesizer: Your very own internal kitchen and chef

Also, I think this would be better as a replacement for the (useless) Standard borg. Give the the Vanilla Standard Borg's stuff to Brobot's, making brobot modules somewhat useful.
Whole point of brobot is to be a bro. Right now as it is the brobot is useless but also virtually harmless other than bolting and shocking doors. It's how a brobot should be.
KikiMofo Wrote:

Whole point of brobot is to be a bro. Right now as it is the brobot is useless but also virtually harmless other than bolting and shocking doors. It's how a brobot should be.

Virtually harmless, sure, but why does he need to be useless? Standard borg is useless because nobody picks it bar for the efficiency upgrade.
Brobot has no upgrade, so remove standard borg and give the efficiency upgrade, pen, cell charger, and camera monitor to the brobot.
So now he can write , watch tv and be a walking battery for cool shit. Now hes still harmless, but a total bro.

Replace standard with butler, give butler a starting speed upgrade.
I REALLY like the teleport to people. This would Make it not only a fun barbot/slave to a fat captain but also a good murder-bro for when it goes rouge(Butler-bros only weakness is it can't interact with the chefs freezer/meat locker room door)