Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F.S.M. Implant [Traitor Item] [Gamemode?]
Alright, I know the coders said they wouldn't add any more references, but this is a very obscure reference mixed with a legitimate feature. It acts as a homage to I Wanna Be The Guy, an incredibly hard platformer made back in 2006. The F.S.M. in the name stands for "Fruit, Spike, and Moon". You'll see why.

Okay, so, it's a traitor implant, maybe 10 telecrystals and only available to traitor assistants. It, when injected, makes the user a walking magnet, attracting very small asteroids, razor-sharp spikes, and oversized cherries. The cherries and spikes would just be reskinned asteroids - again, very small, doing very little damage by themselves.

These rip through walls, with the obvious antag benefit of destroying parts of the station and having the slight chance to hit players. However, it's balanced out by the fact that, well, they're all attracted to the antag! Perhaps to further balance this out (they can't be too hard to dodge), the asteroids/cherries/spikes have a small chance to home in on the user.

If we want to really fill this with references, the implant could also make the user a midget with the jumpy mutation, a high pitched voice, and force them to wear a blue jumpsuit. Maybe to make the user want a reason to get this, the implant could come with a pistol (though not unlimited shots like in the actual game).

Should the meteors continue after the implantee dies? If so, there would be an interesting dynamic where the crew's giving the traitor whatever he/she wants just to get them off the station.

C'mon, don't tell me this doesn't remind you of SS13:
[img]i.imgur.com/rx8iyqb[/img]
I'm going to give it to you straight homes this sounds like a really dumb idea.
IWBTG is fucking terrible.
Maaaybe not.
You know, this sounded a lot better when we were talking about it in the IRC. Now it just seems fucking horrible.
On a similar note, how about a Magnetic Mutation, that attracts iron objects?
Graviton-based lifeform mutation!

In all seriousness this only sounds like an admin gimmick.

[Image: lmm.jpg]