Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bees, and Owls, and Bears, oh my!
Splatpope Wrote:I've got the fattest, laziest orange tabby of the world, romeo, and the oldest, laziest golden retriever of the whopping galactic quadrant, clara (no pics cause im a poor dude)

and some weeks ago, we found a cute little kitty in our garden and he hates her but she's adorable we're keeping her, fuck you romeo

Also conor, I'd friggin love getting a ferret, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea with the cats and the dog and shit, also my house might end up in shambles I dunno so it frightens me up a bit, what do you think ?

Ferrets are playful fuckers their whole life and might annoy your other pets! You'd definitely have to supervise them to make sure none get hurt. Depends on how friendly/tolerant your pets are.

Also my ferrets don't seem to care about furniture or ruining houses. They'll horde absolutely random crap though.
Ferrets are fucking awesome and best in groups of two or more. As for the animal hierarchy between cats, dogs, and ferrets... when I got the ferrets I had two dogs and a cat, and the cat was definitely the alpha animal. The addition of the ferrets to the group didn't phase the pups at all (a Newfoundland and an old German Shepard mix - they don't tend to care about much beyond food). The ferrets would climb over to top of the dogs and they'd just sort of look up and go 'oh, it's them'.

The cat on the other hand was unable to figure out for the life of him what to do about the ferrets. They kept wanting to play with the cat, even after being batted away multiple times. The claws even came out once and still failed to phase the ferrets. At this point the cat decided that these suicidal runts were too much trouble to be kept in line and fled upstairs, hopping high up onto a bed to ensure they wouldn't reach it.

Ferrets are some of the best pets. The ruining furniture and hording stuff bits are totally true and you'll need to spend some time 'ferret-proofing' your home to prevent escape or accidental crushing. They will always smell a bit despite being de-scented. And you'll have to watch your step as there is nothing that they like to do more than hide at a doorway and ambush your foot as you open the door. They also tend to get a bit melancholy if there's only one of them. Despite all of that, ferrets are totally worth it.
Ahah yes Erev, you know more about this than I do. Ferrets are quite social, so if you do want ferrets, get two.

I'll now move your attention to this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_war_dance
This is me in animal form. I am totally charmed, I guess that if I get kicked out of the univ I'll get them guys (I suppose that it's pretty impossible/not a good idea to keep ferrets in a college dorm)
Splatpope Wrote:This is me in animal form. I am totally charmed, I guess that if I get kicked out of the univ I'll get them guys (I suppose that it's pretty impossible/not a good idea to keep ferrets in a college dorm)
if you want to get one, do the research before hand, they can be a great pet if you know what you are doing, however if you don't you can very likely get them accidentally trapped somewhere, accidentally crushed, escaping, causing property damage, pooping and smelling up the place, potentially killing other pets (E.G. pet birds, rabbits, and rodents of various people), and a variety of other nasty issues if you don't properly train, raise, and house them. So yeah, not the greatest of pets, but definitely a nice one if done right. Granted I work with a few and they are adorable.
http://imgur.com/XNJbhaZ

This is my tortoise. He's super rad and can live up to 60+years
I guess this is the only pic I've got on Imgur of Casey, our APBT:

[Image: lh1diwF.jpg]

She just turned 3 this month. I'll have to get video of her playing, maybe tomorrow, if I can. She's 50lbs of pure, weapons grade dork.
Found an old video of my cat, Macaroni, and my brothers cat, Venom(rip).
Today on ADVENTURES OF SOPHIE
This is a good thread and I want to see more pets that aren't mine. Spoiler because my phone is shit, and too tired and lazy too resize. Like for real look at this fucking size!
[Image: MvCepO7.jpg]
Microsoft didn't pay me for the advertising, but the controller happened to be there as my cat slept.
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:This is a good thread and I want to see more pets that aren't mine. Spoiler because my phone is shit, and too tired and lazy too resize. Like for real look at this fucking size!
[Image: MvCepO7.jpg]
Microsoft didn't pay me for the advertising, but the controller happened to be there as my cat slept.
5% of that picture is a cat. It's like one of those blurry/grainy photos of a silhouette of bigfoot.
DyssalC Wrote:5% of that picture is a cat. It's like one of those blurry/grainy photos of a silhouette of bigfoot.

Looks fine to me. Dunno what you're talkin about.
AlphabetJones Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:5% of that picture is a cat. It's like one of those blurry/grainy photos of a silhouette of bigfoot.

Looks fine to me. Dunno what you're talkin about.
After looking at it again and opening the image in a separate tab, it looks normal. However, from just the spoiler tag it's nuts for me.