Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vampire fixed, misc gripes itt
mozi Wrote:space aids is airborne, goes through masks (cause the virii system is not consistently coded) and gives people random other virii including shit like gbs.

i learned this the hard way as a SA when I warped to Centcom, ate a Space AIDS ice cream cone, returned to the station, and all hell broke loose
Are Space AIDS ice cream cones still a spawning possibility in centcom?
KikiMofo Wrote:
mozi Wrote:space aids is airborne, goes through masks (cause the virii system is not consistently coded) and gives people random other virii including shit like gbs.

i learned this the hard way as a SA when I warped to Centcom, ate a Space AIDS ice cream cone, returned to the station, and all hell broke loose
Are there any restrictions on the flavors of ice cream available at Centcom?
Kovirii Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

Are there any restrictions on the flavors of ice cream available at Centcom?

I don't believe so, all the nasty things life necrovirus,life,HIV, and such can be found in ice cream as well as farty snott's beans.
Bologna Prime Wrote:I don't believe so, all the nasty things life necrovirus,life,HIV, and such can be found in ice cream as well as farty snott's beans.

Farty Snott's beans no longer contain HIV+ and necorvirus, as they caused havoc stationwide when they were introduced (someone would inevitably end up eating an HIV+ bean and give everyone aids). Spawned ice creams have no restrictions.
Pretty sure the beans still have zombie virus. I was told the beans still have every reagent in them.
Nubcake Wrote:
Bologna Prime Wrote:I don't believe so, all the nasty things life necrovirus,life,HIV, and such can be found in ice cream as well as farty snott's beans.

Farty Snott's beans no longer contain HIV+ and necorvirus, as they caused havoc stationwide when they were introduced (someone would inevitably end up eating an HIV+ bean and give everyone aids). Spawned ice creams have no restrictions.

I don't know if the change you speak of is more recent but a few weeks ago I made an HIV golem as a wizard.
I think beans were nerfed back in October but it only meant that most beans were made of sugar.
this derail ignores the pertinent issue, which is, ATTN: Remove vampire until its functioning.
mozi Wrote:this derail ignores the pertinent issue, which is, ATTN: Remove vampire until its functioning.
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1048
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2453&p=26517 Dracula is coming
Make vamps take more burn damage from anything.
Amuys Wrote:Make vamps take more burn damage from anything.
Light should slowly give burn damage, and change chiropteran screech to have a chance to shatter each individual window and light, and maybe stun each person.
Right now it takes out anything within 8 tiles, right?
Kovirii Wrote:
Amuys Wrote:Make vamps take more burn damage from anything.
Light should slowly give burn damage, and change chiropteran screech to have a chance to shatter each individual window and light, and maybe stun each person.
Right now it takes out anything within 8 tiles, right?
I don't think light should harm vampires unless you are saying the station has sunlamps installed on the station. Honestly that would make the station really really warm.
Why not make those UV lights or whatever hurt vampires.
i'm gonna crosspost my dumb idea from the other thread because why not

Dauntasa Wrote:suggestions:
First off, have them gradually lose their powers when exposed to any kind of light and not gain them back until they hide in darkness for a while. Space and the chapel no longer burn them, but immediately saps them of all of their powers and blood. They can survive indefinitely but will be incredibly weakened in power by even a second exposed to space and will need to drink a good deal of blood and hide in the dark for a while to recover.

Vampires are immortal unless killed in one of a few specific ways, but enough burn/brute damage puts them into a deep regenerative sleep(which their stun-breaking power will not wake them from). To kill a vampire you would need to knock them out and then splash them with holy water, cremate them, or drive a stake through them. Give the chaplain an "in case of vampires" kit with a bunch of stakes in it and a special crossbow that can fire them at vampires and fuck them up bad but is fairly wimpy against anything else.

When a vampire bites someone he can choose to make them a lesser vampire or just drain their blood.

lesser vampires have a few of the same powers that the main vampire does but cannot make more vampires by biting people

If the main vampire is killed all lesser vampires die.

if a lesser vampire drains the blood of the main vampire then they become the main vampire, with all of his powers, and he crumbles to ash and dies. This is the goal of a lesser vampire: to become the main guy. Main vampire can only be drained if he's unconscious but the main vampire can drain lesser vampires and kill them instantly at will.

Essentially this is all with the goal of making an interesting group dynamic: the Main Vampire can make helpers and in a group they will be very hard to kill as you need to first damage them enough to put them to sleep and then apply one of a few specialized tools to their body to finish them for good. So in a group it'd be easy for the other vampires to protect a fallen one while it recovered. But the goal of every lesser vampire is explicitly to betray the main vampire and eat him if he ever goes down. Since he can kill them instantly they have an incentive to stay in line until they think he's vulnerable. The more lesser vampires the main vampire makes the stronger the group will be but also the more likely it will be to disintegrate into fighting for power.
Urgh. Dauntasa's idea is worth a try. Except for vampires losing all their blood when exposed to space/light. Being unable to use their powers is a good enough handicap.
Also, no chaplain's special kit.
Clarks Wrote:Also, no chaplain's special kit.
oh, he should get something

other than artbox rampages all he does is get drunk while you set his chapel on fire