Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vampire fixed, misc gripes itt
Dauntasa Wrote:
mozi Wrote:what are your specific complaints when youre saying vamps are now underpowered and shitty
I haven't played it since the changes but essentially my complaint is they have never not been broken in either an underpowered way or an overpowered way so maybe buffing and nerfing their abilities isn't the answer to making them not broken

oh!

well, that's dumb.
mozi Wrote:what are your specific complaints when youre saying vamps are now underpowered and shitty
CAUSE I DON'T LIKE CHANGES

Na actually I haven't gotten vamp for about half a year or more now and never got to try the new version yet so I have no idea how it is now but so far people are saying it's better except for the mist form. I think mist form should stay the same as it was before cause vamp is wizard mixed with changeling and phase shift is wizard's most important spell and I always thought mist form was the vamp's biggest skill.
If you want to change mistform around, i'd like to see it as the vamp turning into a flutter of bats that can pass through walls.
The difference between this and the wizards spells is that you can actually see where the vampire is going, but cannot hit him in this state (nor he can hit you)
mist-form becoming bat-form would be fun, but rather than going through walls it should allow you to move sort of similar to how a voltron works; any door that isn't bolted, any clear glass or glass object, you can move right through. Means you can go through canisters, fuel tanks etc too, so a trap or a barricade is no match for you.

Maybe you could swap in and out of this form at any time, with a recharge to go back to the previous form?
Weavel Wrote:mist-form becoming bat-form would be fun, but rather than going through walls it should allow you to move sort of similar to how a voltron works; any door that isn't bolted, any clear glass or glass object, you can move right through. Means you can go through canisters, fuel tanks etc too, so a trap or a barricade is no match for you.

Maybe you could swap in and out of this form at any time, with a recharge to go back to the previous form?
The point of mist form was so you could get away from the AI and a crowd of people so not letting it go through bolted doors would be dumb.
You talk as if it impossible to change the point in it, does it absolutely utterly need to be a get-out-of-trouble-free button?

Changelings don't get crowd escape functions and do just fine, they get spacewalking so why couldn't vamps get doorwalking?
Weavel Wrote:You talk as if it impossible to change the point in it, does it absolutely utterly need to be a get-out-of-trouble-free button?

Changelings don't get crowd escape functions and do just fine, they get spacewalking so why couldn't vamps get doorwalking?
Well that's just it. Vamps are limited to in the station and can't go outside it. If a changeling needs to get away from an angry AI it can just fuck off to space for a while vamps are stuck inside.
Its okay to have weaknesses
KikiMofo Wrote:Vamps are limited to in the station and can't go outside it.

Isn't that the point?
Weavel Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Vamps are limited to in the station and can't go outside it.

Isn't that the point?
I'm just saying changelings have a way to escape. Vampires don't if you take away mist form. Being bolted into a room by an AI for 40 minutes because no one wants to come fight you is pretty bad you know? Don't take away the escape route from the AI.
Being bolted into a room sucks definitely, but at 40 minutes an adminhelp might be a better idea.
The same can happen to traitors, but it's not like a vamp couldn't carry tools too!
I still think that Vampires should have a massive rehaul from being "I am a changling with a slightly diffrent playstyle!" to "I am a mostly defenseless Dungeon master(sleeps in a coffin to build the dungeon up with only weak out of coffin ablitys) who uses blood of my enmies (And blood fountins) to make a badass dungeon (By slowly converting the station into a SPACE CASTLE) full of traps and monster to do my bidding!

If you don't know what i am talking about go back a few pages and there should be a post on my idea of an overhaul for vampire
pizzatiger Wrote:I still think that Vampires should have a massive rehaul from being "I am a changling with a slightly diffrent playstyle!" to "I am a mostly defenseless Dungeon master(sleeps in a coffin to build the dungeon up with only weak out of coffin ablitys) who uses blood of my enmies (And blood fountins) to make a badass dungeon (By slowly converting the station into a SPACE CASTLE) full of traps and monster to do my bidding!

If you don't know what i am talking about go back a few pages and there should be a post on my idea of an overhaul for vampire
Yeah I agree but that sounds like alot of effort no one wants to do.
KikiMofo Wrote:Yeah I agree but that sounds like alot of effort no one wants to do.

I feel like that if we Made a Fun and intresting rehaul for Vampire with all the Features, balancing and gimics already planned out that an coder would try to pick it up JUST to say that they listen to the players every once in a while.(And sundance....you got you rebalance for the time being so you can't complain about how taking time to code this is not worth it while vampire is still broke)

I can just see a gamemode where 2 vampires are spawned on the station(With the shuttle unable to be called) tasked with the job of making the station their own private castle full of death traps and monster while sending units to destroy the other vampire while the Crew is trapped inbetween the conflict tasked with the task of killing BOTH vampires (When one vampire is killed the shuttle is called and can't be recalled meaning the remaning vampire is tasked with staying alive). Ghosts are randomly picked to either become one of the many NPC units the vampire summon(When examined...it says this unit looks smarter) or Vampire hunters centcom sends at random moments after 20 minutes into the round. There are 3 victorys....Vampire X wins and takes over the station, Vampire Y wins and takes over the station or the crew kills both vampires before the shuttle leaves
pizzatiger Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Yeah I agree but that sounds like alot of effort no one wants to do.

I feel like that if we Made a Fun and intresting rehaul for Vampire with all the Features, balancing and gimics already planned out that an coder would try to pick it up JUST to say that they listen to the players every once in a while.(And sundance....you got you rebalance for the time being so you can't complain about how taking time to code this is not worth it while vampire is still broke)

I can just see a gamemode where 2 vampires are spawned on the station(With the shuttle unable to be called) tasked with the job of making the station their own private castle full of death traps and monster while sending units to destroy the other vampire while the Crew is trapped inbetween the conflict tasked with the task of killing BOTH vampires (When one vampire is killed the shuttle is called and can't be recalled meaning the remaning vampire is tasked with staying alive). Ghosts are randomly picked to either become one of the many NPC units the vampire summon(When examined...it says this unit looks smarter) or Vampire hunters centcom sends at random moments after 20 minutes into the round. There are 3 victorys....Vampire X wins and takes over the station, Vampire Y wins and takes over the station or the crew kills both vampires before the shuttle leaves

yeah i don't think vampire is ever getting turned into some weird multiplayer rts sorry