FishDance's HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Dr. Fisk
BYOND Username: FishDance
Recommended by: N/A
Times available: Generally around 20:00(8:00pm)-1:00(1:00am) PST

Reason for Application: I started playing goonstation way back when in times of Doughnut, and have always had a great time with the game. Sadly, some real life stuff prevented me from playing for a while, but luckily I rediscovered the game due to talk of the (at the time) brand new Cogmap. I jumped back on and remembered all the fun times I had in the past, and continued to play this game on a regular basis ever since. I've been steadily increasing my knowledge of the game, familiarizing myself with everything from robusting, to the various jobs, to turbo-nerd stuff like setting up the packet sniffer. Roughly half a year ago I was accepted for position as a mentor, and since have been using mentor chat to help people out, often taking entire rounds to show a completely new player about the station, and teaching them the ins and outs of the game. I'd like to think that by helping people out like this I was able to make a difference in the community, not only by helping keep it educated, but also by expanding it by teaching rookies the basics. I feel as though when I play I am generally able to diffuse situations without the need of violence, but if someone does try to fight me the most I would do is knock them over, and handcuff them/leave them there. I'm fairly easy going, I don't kill people unless I need to, even as a traitor I prefer to do fun things such as teleporting groups of people into random part of the station, rather than killing them outright. I feel that being the HoS would allow me to more easily avert crises for the station, and to stop rampages and the like more easily, so that everyone can have a fun round.

Security Experience: When I join the game late I will often choose to play as security, not because it's the only thing available, but because I feel that securities job becomes more and more vital, not to mention interesting, the longer the round goes on. As a security officer I feel that my job isn't to ruin someone's round by hunting them down and spacing/perma-brigging them, but rather to find those individuals that may pose a threat to the station, and stun them, lock up their traitor gear, and let them go after a minute or so. This is not to expose the crew to more danger, but to allow both parties, the crew and the antagonist, to experience lengthy, all the while fun rounds that allow for cool stories, IE "They locked me up and took my things, but I broke in and got it back!" and a relaxed experience for everyone. Keeping the peace, in my eyes, is not so much about becoming the law, and enforcing "street justice" so much as it is keeping people alive. Even for those players who play2win by going on rampages when they find out they're a traitor, because in the end, whether you’re an antag or a regular crewmember you’re still just a person playing a game to have a good time. In terms of being robust, I know how to handle myself quite well. I may not be the master of knocking people out and continually suplexing them, but, I know enough about the game to be able to hold my own in a fight if need be, as well as being able to utilize situational and locational advantage to come out ahead in a tussle. However, I do find it fun to stalk people over the course of a few minutes to see if they leave any clues as to their good or bad intentions before I ultimately confront them.

The benefits/flaws of the current security layout: I very much like the layout of the actual “Security Staff Only” portion of the Sec Wing, I find that it is a very comfortable and efficient layout with access to everything that it needs to have, as well as lockers hidden away behind another set of doors to prevent thieving. My only peeve with the current layout is the difficulty of actually manually transporting someone from the entrance of Sec to the brig, since it gives someone a large window of time to be dislodged and run free. The automatic disposal system is great, and so are the chutes to put people inside, but if there was a hallway that branched off of the entrance to the brig, I suppose where the interrogation room is right now, it would make searching people a bit easier. That’s but a minor quarrel though.

Opinion of Shrek: First movie was great, have some great memories of watching it with my family and younger siblings when they were kids, though in typical movie fashion the sequels got worse over time while Disney tried to produce extra funds.

Previous Bans: I was banned a long while back for testing out a bomb too close to botany, causing a hull breach, I believe it was a 2 day ban, and once more somewhat recently for force feeding a passerby with a ???? pill, this was also a 2 day ban. I realize my mistakes in both, however.
A yes from me. I remember you being a pretty good guy back on donut, nd based on your application I think you would be a great addition to the ranks of the glorified head mall cop.
Of course he should have the beret. Always helped me when I needed it and stuff like that.
While I haven't seen as much of you recently, I do remember you as being a knowledgeable and reasonable player. Yes.
FishDance2 Wrote:Opinion of Shrek: First movie was great, have some great memories of watching it with my family and younger siblings when they were kids, though in typical movie fashion the sequels got worse over time while Disney tried to produce extra funds.

Breaking News Developing... DREAMWORKS NOT DISNEY BAN THIS DUMMY Breaking News Developing...

(I remember this dude being alright so sure I guess?)
Daeren Wrote:DREAMWORKS NOT DISNEY BAN THIS DUMMY
See, I know that, I just mean that the sequels were getting worse, and concurrently Disney was trying to get more funds. They are totally independent of one another, but I was giving some kind of time frame for the events that transpired. Yeah, that sounds right, let's go with that.

By the way, thanks everyone for your support <3
Fisk is a cool guy. He gets my +1. Not that my opinion means dick around here, but whatever.
I'd also like to recommend this guy. I've had some good adventures with him, and really, that's all being a HoS is about, right? Right?
A cool dude who knows his shit and has good art. Yes.
Quote:[MENTORHELP: FishDance/(Dr. Fisk): Can you open a portal at bio? Zapper made me lose my portamed
[MENTORHELP: FishDance/(Dr. Fisk): Give the stone to the bee?

This just happened on #3. Using mentorhelp to ask for other players to assist you directly is violating pretty much every rule a mentor should know not to violate about being a mentor. So unless there's a good explanation for it, I'd say no to this application.
Heiraphont Wrote:Unless there's a good explanation for it, I'd say no to this application.
No, there isn't a very good explanation. My comrade and I had just spent 80 minutes trying to get phase two of solarium done, and in the panic of our plan not working I used mentorhelp to ask him a question. So no, this was definitely a mistake on my part, and despite the circumstances, I shouldn't have abused mentorhelp like this. My apologies.
Sure, why not.