Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modular cocktails.
The best food is made with deep frying stuff and slapping it in a cake or a sandwich. A recursive deepfried pizza cake gets attention way more than recipe food or unlabeled glass.

Give the barman a shaker. You fill it with reagents, give it a shake and it takes a piece of the name from every reagent inside and some real world cocktail and creates a new reagent with that name.
For instance a cocktail of Methamphetamine, Chlorine, Chocolate, Vodka could turn into Metha Chlorolate Vodka Stinger.

The cocktail reagent would get some or all the properties of its components, or just metabolize into a bit of its components for every tick.
When the barman pours the drink to a glass, it gets renamed as the drink inside.

[Image: HnMCoNl.png][Image: X8mv9o6.png][Image: Cpf99Jb.png]

Bonus features, slice up lemons, oranges and limes to add a twist to your drinks. Plus new sprites for the fruits, because the current lemon and lime look like goo.
[Image: 4nQl4R2.png]
[Image: Fc34Bov.png][Image: qhTl8AN.png][Image: OoyZyNk.png] orange.
[Image: P6kxYtr.png][Image: 1ou2JD0.png][Image: g8hgOso.png] lime.
[Image: GxuktQS.png][Image: jUSZm3y.png][Image: JjRg6Or.png] lemon.

PS I'm aware that the reagent idea could be p. terrible. But seeing weird cocktails whose effects you can only half predict would be p. fun.
The thing is that only you, the bartender, would know the name of the cocktail, unless a scientist is sitting there scanning them or something. Only the barman can identify the ingredients of a drinking glass otherwise, and only while drinking it. Which is a double-edged sword because on the one hand, people can't tell if you're slipping poison into their drinks, but on the other hand they can't tell if you've given them some awesome rad drink either.
Crumplehat Wrote:The thing is that only you, the bartender, would know the name of the cocktail, unless a scientist is sitting there scanning them or something. Only the barman can identify the ingredients of a drinking glass otherwise, and only while drinking it. Which is a double-edged sword because on the one hand, people can't tell if you're slipping poison into their drinks, but on the other hand they can't tell if you've given them some awesome rad drink either.
Speaking of which: Give the barman's PDA a damn regent scanner.
Quote:PS I'm aware that the reagent idea could be p. terrible. But seeing weird cocktails whose effects you can only half predict would be p. fun.

You know what, it isn't really that terrible. Few people drink the bartenders drinks simply because they can't examine what's in it. Having a modular name applied to a drink makes it more classier and far more accessible. Non-traitors bartenders don't (or shouldn't) slip in super poisons into their drink anyway, i'm of the opinion if you make sarin and put it in a drink for people to drink, then you deserve a spacing. Silly poisons like bath salts or slightly flammable shit are a-ok. I believe people will actually drink something with a funky name even if they know it'll give them a massive beard.

So what does this mean about ACTUAL traitor bartenders?
Here's an idea: Lets give the Jug of Moonshine a fancy new purpose along with the old purpose: It masks deadly poisons. The poisons simply don't come up on the modular name, and either does the jug of moonshine. The only way people would realise they are potentially poisoned is the fact they got really drunk really fast and their health bar is dropping.

you stole my garnish idea you dork!
Last minute addendum: The moonshine only masks the modular poison name, poisons will come up on a health scanner/reagent scanner.
I can only imagine what happens when the barman starts mixing alcoholic beverages with discount dans.
An option to label the glasses in the bar dispensers would help with this problem too. It can be frustratingly hard to get anyone to drink anything cool, but still shockingly easy to get them to drink poisons somehow.