Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drsingh - LLJK #2 - 4/14
Bit of background:
Was playing spacemans earlier today and was talking with some people. One of them (uses random names and dunno their key) misgendered me on accident, so I corrected him on that. So, they decided to continue calling me "he" even after I explained that, as a transwoman, that shit isn't cool with me. I had also called them out for using "cunt" earlier, so I'm thinking that's why. Anyways, I adminhelp about it, end up getting into a bit of an argument with SAOrangeSoda and GorillaMyDreams, I was getting pretty angry and was in the wrong so I got slapped with an hourban to cool off. This report isn't about either of them, just including that so I'm not leaving stuff out. After the hourban expires, I play another round, and then start another. I spawn as a geneticist, and apparently the other geneticist is the same dude from earlier and continues to misgender me. So, I fire off an adminhelp explaining the situation
Quote:HELP: You: hey, there was this dude from a couple rounds back who continued to refer to me as a dude even after i told him i was a transwoman and he's still doing it (alexander bratton)
No response and he continues to do it, so I send another (maybe bad to do?)
Quote:HELP: You: alexander bratton keeps referring to me as a dude after i explained to him i'm a transwoman, and he's hella obviously doing it on purpose
and for the crime of wanting someone to stop their anti-trans* bigotry, I get gibbed and then an admin PM:
Quote:Admin PM from-drsingh: there, now you'll have no future problems w/ being referred to
I take issue with this because somebody harassing me across 2 rounds and specifically using my gender identity as a target lead to me getting gibbed because I complained about it. That seems like bigotry to me, and I don't think getting gibbed for complaining about bigotry is very fair. I have no idea if action was taken against the dude intentionally misgendering me.
Hi, I'm Dr. Singh. Yes, I did this. I gibbed a person for adminhelping about being called the wrong pronoun. That was me who did that.
magic mountain Wrote:Hi, I'm Dr. Singh. Yes, I did this. I gibbed a person for adminhelping about being called the wrong pronoun. That was me who did that.
It wasn't just being called the wrong pronoun, though. He was intentionally calling me the wrong pronoun because I'm transgendered and he knew it would get a reaction out of me. He was intentionally using my status as a transwoman to harass me across multiple rounds. Reducing it to "being called the wrong pronoun" implies that it was just a case of him throwing out a "he" on accident.
That's a good point.

I gibbed a person for adminhelping about being called the wrong pronoun, repeatedly, intentionally, because it was known that doing so would make that person angry.
Look, when that whole adminhelp about being called a cunt thing first came in I thought it was because of some thing about the difference between being called a cunt and a dick. I had no idea you were a transperson so I made a general OOC about such language. And then you kept adminhelping repeatedly about it. Over and over. And I and another admin told you to cool it and just relax. It's one thing to have this happen in person but this was a guy on a game about farting in space. You were told several times to just relax and forget about it because there is very little this person can do to you other than call you the wrong pronoun unless he goes into some weird stalker mode. I even did an hour ban on you to even cool it and just relax which I am surprised did not get a complaint.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Look, when that whole adminhelp about being called a cunt thing first came in I thought it was because of some thing about the difference between being called a cunt and a dick. I had no idea you were a transperson so I made a general OOC about such language. And then you kept adminhelping repeatedly about it. Over and over. And I and another admin told you to cool it and just relax. It's one thing to have this happen in person but this was a guy on a game about farting in space. You were told several times to just relax and forget about it because there is very little this person can do to you other than call you the wrong pronoun unless he goes into some weird stalker mode. I even did an hour ban on you to even cool it and just relax which I am surprised did not get a complaint.
I deserved the hour ban cause I was arguing with admins and getting pretty angry, and it did legit help me to cool it. With the anti bigotry rule in place, however, not taking any action against him and just telling me to forget about it instead seems kinda fucked up. You'd ban someone for repeatedly calling a gay person a faggot, so why not apply that to people who intentionally misgender trans* people to get a rise out of em? Plus, he did kinda go into weird stalker mode when he kept misgendering me like, 2 or 3 rounds after the initial one when he saw me.
We've had some chats in the admin chats and I'd like to apologize, I made a mistake here.

My initial judgement was that you were faking the whole thing as some kind of riff on tumblr social justice warriors and I thought it was really crass. That's not really fair to you and after reviewing the logs it's a pretty clear case of bigotry.

We'll deal with the nerd who's harassing you.
magic mountain Wrote:We've had some chats in the admin chats and I'd like to apologize, I made a mistake here.

My initial judgement was that you were faking the whole thing as some kind of riff on tumblr social justice warriors and I thought it was really crass. That's not really fair to you and after reviewing the logs it's a pretty clear case of bigotry.

We'll deal with the nerd who's harassing you.
I can get that. Thanks for bein cool about it after you got the full story.
Yeah I'm sorry too. It's been taken care of already as you well know. And yes, we both came in not fully knowing the situation and thought this was just some weird being called a dick over a cunt thing but we honestly did not know what was going on until after the fact.