Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP question- recursion?
A couple evenings ago I was traitor and ended up in a room with both the other traitors right at round start. We all bought mindslave implants not realizing the situation. A first traitor mindslaved me, then the next traitor ran in and I mindslaved him as he mindslaved the first guy, creating a recursive mindslave loop.

How are you supposed to RP this? We decided to just team up and mess with people, then end the round once people started dying.
haha v
So let me logically think this out. 1st guy is A, you're B, and the other dude is C
B follows A's orders.
C follows B's orders.
A follows C's orders.

So logically, B (you) don't have to follow C's (the last guy) orders.

BUT
You are a mindslave, if A tells you to act like a cat, or if he tells you to await further instructions from an inanimate green bush, then you must do it. If A tells you to follow C's orders, then you must do it. The only thing I would be iffy about, is if someone mindslaves you and orders to kill yourself. This is a seriously poor and meta use of it, but thankfully I haven't seen people do this very often anymore.

So yeah tl;dr: You've pretty much followed the correct way to go about it, just remember when things hit the fan, follow your masters orders.
Sundance Wrote:BUT
You are a mindslave, if A tells you to act like a cat, or if he tells you to await further instructions from an inanimate green bush, then you must do it. If A tells you to follow C's orders, then you must do it. The only thing I would be iffy about, is if someone mindslaves you and orders to kill yourself. This is a seriously poor and meta use of it, but thankfully I haven't seen people do this very often anymore.
Three telecrystals just to get someone to kill themselves is pretty boring. Do like I do. Make 11x11 bombs and order them to go somewhere populated and blow it up.
CatBalls Wrote:A couple evenings ago I was traitor and ended up in a room with both the other traitors right at round start. We all bought mindslave implants not realizing the situation. A first traitor mindslaved me, then the next traitor ran in and I mindslaved him as he mindslaved the first guy, creating a recursive mindslave loop.

How are you supposed to RP this? We decided to just team up and mess with people, then end the round once people started dying.
Yeah I MAY be partially at fault for creating this loop, but it was still fun as hell.

Also yeah I think you should just team up at that point. if you just try ordering people around, anyone half as smart would just loop it back an- well you get the picture.
Well one time I was a spy and used my implanter on someone and then it turns out they were a spy and used theirs on me and said, "There now we are partners." That is against the rules but I didn't really care at the time. Not sure if that has much to do with this RP shit but there you go.
KikiMofo Wrote:Well one time I was a spy and used my implanter on someone and then it turns out they were a spy and used theirs on me and said, "There now we are partners." That is against the rules but I didn't really care at the time. Not sure if that has much to do with this RP shit but there you go.
That is a really shitty thing to do. Almost as shitty as straight up asking your mindslave to remove the implant.