Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilding Borgs
It just seems kinda silly that you can have a guy lose all of his limbs and die, and still get revived. and yet if a borg dies, he is lost forever.

I think that we should be able to salvage a borg's brain from it's cyborg head if it dies. And if you need the borg dead to stay dead? take the brain and bake it into a cake! Not much else to be said here.
Yeah I'd be up for this. I've always thought it was silly someone can be cloned many times but you can only get borgged and killed once.
but you CAN retrieve its brain if the head unit survived whatever killed it in the first place

and besides, if its head does get smashed and destroyed, i don't think squashed brains would make good cyborgs yknow
babayetu83 Wrote:but you CAN retrieve its brain if the head unit survived whatever killed it in the first place.
Actually it doesn't. tried it myself.
weird

it worked for me
eh if you're a borg you already died once, if someone smashes you and you explode that should be it

if this gets changed also make it so that you can hit brains with the harm intent to stomp them into mush and prevent them from being used, both so that you can finish a borg off and because it would be funny to watch the roboticists accidentally stepping on all their brains for a couple of weeks until they're all up to speed
Dauntasa Wrote:eh if you're a borg you already died once
Bullshit, some people can spawn as borgs.
poland spring Wrote:Bullshit, some people can spawn as borgs.
^
Plus, people who have been cloned can just be cloned again, infinitely!
Dauntasa Wrote:if this gets changed also make it so that you can hit brains with the harm intent to stomp them into mush and prevent them from being used, both so that you can finish a borg off

Or, y'know, take the brain for yourself and chuck it out of an airlock.
Lavastage Wrote:Or, y'know, take the brain for yourself and chuck it out of an airlock.
Chucking brains out the airlock is alot more fun than it should be.
Lavastage Wrote:
babayetu83 Wrote:but you CAN retrieve its brain if the head unit survived whatever killed it in the first place.
Actually it doesn't. tried it myself.
if the chest is destroyed, you can put the old head on a new body no problem.

If the head is destroyed you're SOL
Maybe have the head be knocked off its body instead of destroyed?
Then you can chuck the head away if you really want the borg dead forever.
Getting your head destroyed is the equivalent to getting gibbed as a human, I don't see the problem.
Well the problem is that nobody ever thinks to rebuild borgs in the first place.
Plus everyone always goes for the head when dealing with borgs anyway so theres never anything to rebuild from.
Klayboxx Wrote:Getting your head destroyed is the equivalent to getting gibbed as a human, I don't see the problem.
except you can't gib a human with a wrench
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Getting your head destroyed is the equivalent to getting gibbed as a human, I don't see the problem.
except you can't gib a human with a wrench

Wrench and a gibber

Literally don't be a robot if you don't want to have the downside to having a weak head. When they didn't, they were absolutely terrifying to deal with.