Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have accents available at character creation
i think it would be fun if you could choose to start with the swedish/chav/elvis accent at character setup

there's absolutely nothing to lose from this
Only for certain jobs I think but otherwise sure
AI Door!

EEE DOOR!

EEE DUUR-MHMM

EEE DURR-MHMM INNIT.

Essentially this could be a nightmare for the ai. AI should have admin-like ear, where they can tell what the person typed instead of just hearing the accent.
One of the few things unique to the chef (well, and genetics)? Hell, no. Go beg for elvis bread or swedish meatballs.
Clarks Wrote:One of the few things unique to the chef (well, and genetics)? Hell, no. Go beg for elvis bread or swedish meatballs.
Clarks Wrote:One of the few things unique to the chef (well, and genetics)? Hell, no. Go beg for elvis bread or swedish meatballs.

Pretty much this^

too time consuming and most of the time the chef isn't even in the kitchen
Jesus christ, BE the chef!
Clarks Wrote:Jesus christ, BE the chef!

You have to be the Chef, to understand the Chef.
Clarks Wrote:Jesus christ, BE the chef!

well see that in itself is a large inconvenience where what i have proposed is a major convenience
Eeeh. I like it, but it would mean fuckall for everyone. There would be few without accents. There would be accent wars between the Swedes, Chavs, and Elvii.

Hesitant yes.
Why don't we just provide different accents from the normal ones in character creation? Like Scottish or Irish? Better yet, just make accents a toggable option and give them a random one!
On that note, why not give the traitor's voice changer mask some toggleable accents, including drunk.

Need to fake chef? Set to bork mode.

Need to fake captain? Set to drunk, no one questions a drunk captain.
atomic1fire Wrote:On that note, why not give the traitor's voice changer mask some toggleable accents, including drunk.

This sounds awesome
atomic1fire Wrote:On that note, why not give the traitor's voice changer mask some toggleable accents, including drunk.

make this a miscreant item as well and also make miscreants able to spawn gimmicky non-harmful equipment like this and chameleon suits.