Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unlocking lockers from the inside
you should be able to unlock a locker from the inside if you have appropriate access

say you're stuffed inside the captain's locker and ejected into space

and you yourself have a captain level id

you should be able to pop the bitch open and free yourself from confinement
Except that lockers have key scanners on the OUTSIDE.

Generally if you've been locked in a locker and left there, just adminhelp it; even traitors aren't supposed to have that happen to you. But if it's temporary detainment, you're not supposed to be able to break out of it. If it's shitty though by all means adminhelp it.
but they're future lockers so why not

and it happened to me when my fellow security officer stunned me and another officer and locked us in a locker and deposited outside of the sec pod hangar which inspired me to post this
Because in the future there still won't be a need for stuff you put in a locker to let itself out.

Again, you should just adminhelp that stuff because it's just not supposed to happen in the first place.
Crumplehat Wrote:Generally if you've been locked in a locker and left there, just adminhelp it; even traitors aren't supposed to have that happen to you

What, no. Leaving people in a locker is one of my favorite traitor pastimes. One round me and a mindslave stuffed about 15 people, all the heads and all of security inside lockers that we shipped off to mining. The radio chat was a wall of rage.

If people could break themselves out of lockers and crates all slow-moving disposal deathtraps would be lost.
What, you can't tie them to the conveyors?
Dabir Wrote:What, you can't tie them to the conveyors?

Not if you want to lock up people around the station and cargo transport them to your trap.
I'm pretty sure tying down to conveyors was removed, since last time I did it was on Donut 2 and haven't been able to since.
Lockers do not need ID Scanners on the inside. That is just dumb, logicically. Lockers are one of the very few things that hold people down till they are freed by someone else.
It is what it is.
Tteckk Wrote:I'm pretty sure tying down to conveyors was removed, since last time I did it was on Donut 2 and haven't been able to since.
Lockers do not need ID Scanners on the inside. That is just dumb, logicically. Lockers are one of the very few things that hold people down till they are freed by someone else.
It is what it is.
This is what I meant; it's basically that way for a reason, and it doesn't need to be fixed.

Clarks Wrote:
Crumplehat Wrote:Generally if you've been locked in a locker and left there, just adminhelp it; even traitors aren't supposed to have that happen to you

What, no. Leaving people in a locker is one of my favorite traitor pastimes. One round me and a mindslave stuffed about 15 people, all the heads and all of security inside lockers that we shipped off to mining. The radio chat was a wall of rage.

If people could break themselves out of lockers and crates all slow-moving disposal deathtraps would be lost.

I meant that if someone who ISN'T A TRAITOR does that to you and leaves you there, then you should adminhelp. Even when it's a traitor it's kind of ambiguous. If it's part of some active plan like sending it into space or leaving it on a conveyor belt it's one thing but if you just leave them in a locker forever without a radio then it's just kind of shitty.
Crumplehat Wrote:
Clarks Wrote:

I meant that if someone who ISN'T A TRAITOR does that to you and leaves you there, then you should adminhelp. Even when it's a traitor it's kind of ambiguous. If it's part of some active plan like sending it into space or leaving it on a conveyor belt it's one thing but if you just leave them in a locker forever without a radio then it's just kind of shitty.

It doesn't even matter if it's shitty, they're a traitor, they can do whatever they want.