Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Martian Mode
Sounds great, would love to see it implemented.

Might need some way for martians to not lose their guns, though; I see a ton of martians just losing their guns to disarm-happy assistants and getting bowled over with ridiculous ease by a fully-armed crew. Or at least make the guns unusable by humans. But the things have tentacles, and nowhere to holster their weapons, so it seems they'd be able to have a better grip on their junk.

Just a suggestion, after seeing the whole crew converge on predators for the sole purpose of claiming their shit (same with syndies and wizards for that matter).
Nubcake Wrote:there should be some (difficult) way or replacing fallen martian comrades through the kidnap and use of humans.

Maybe if you save the dead body and get it back to a pod on your ship, you can spend a shitload of biomass to revive the guy.

Or you can just be a dick and recycle your chum so you can buy another gun.
MollyMillions Wrote:Or you can just be a dick and recycle your chum so you can buy another gun.
Yes.
I love this, but I think there should be a few more fun cosmetic things.

- teleporting leaves a few squares where you arrived/left covered in odd purple kudzu-style stuff that doesn't spread or grow. Sort of like the Wizard's corruption in letting the crew know shit is gonna go down.
can be combined into a beaker with LSD to make Xenodrugs which are like spacedrugs but better or something idk
- Martian farts should also leave this purple kudzu
- the Martian guns should be useable by humans, so a naked last-stand on their shuttle is possible before being chucked into the bio pool

- Alpha Martian mutation; gains hulk-like strength, enabling it to beat down walls and windows with ease.
- martians can use biomass to heal themselves

Some other stuff would be easier to come up with after actually playing said mode
I'm going to bump this seeing as Sundance has started spriting some really cool stuff for the game mode.
Some stuff I'll dump here too as the sprite page is often unloved. I've got a load of other sprites; tables, chairs, misc for inside the spaceship pod and I'm designing a huge-ass martian vehicle, about singularity and a half size at the sprite thread if you wanna holla!
Acid Biomass Vat
[Image: 7sjyU.gif]
Birthing Polyp
[Image: nX5Ni.gif]
Restoration Chamber/ Statis pod
[Image: lM8U1.gif]
Biocharger (other modes at sprite thread)
[Image: 44Ms0.gif]

Yeah so I'm designing stuff that will go into martian mode. I'm speaking about all this stuff hypothetically, but there's alot of coding already there that could help this actually be a mode.
My idea is somewhat different than Molly's, basically it revolves around a stranded martian ship that finds ss13 and starts harvesting humans so they can get back to the red planet.
It's very much snatch and run at the start as you're very weak, so you must be silent, attacking 1 or 2 humans and dragging them back to the ship. The ship itself is mobile, so you could pull up to QM, take down a wall and drag the QM's into your ship without anybody noticing.
You build up forces strong enough, constantly upgrading your troops and your ship until eventually as a group you're a living nightmare for the crew. Even if the captain whip's out his own fighter pod to take down your ship, you're about 4 times bigger than it so he can fuck right off unless he has backup.
The objective is to harvest X amount of humans, which could potentially mean 3/4's of the crew because you are robust as fuck.
The fail is if you all die, or your martian ship is destroyed.
Since martian plants are clearly being worked on, and I don't know if this is already the plan, butI think it would be cool of one of the jobs a martian can morph into was a botanist of sorts. Instead of harmless regular human plants, they could grow neat Allen plants that do terrible things to humans. One type, I was thinking, would be a sort of throwable man-eater. When a martian tosses it it has a chance to stick on someones head and it gradually sucks their life away. If you are wearing helmet or any sort of headgear you are immune to it, but if you aren't it takes your head slot. It could be removed with a scalpel on an operating table. Anyway, just food for thought
As you can see, most of the martian technology is organic, so having plant weaponry isn't totally out of the loop.
I was thinking about spriting some weapons for the martians, the weaponry will be less lethal gun-ho types, and more take down quickly, render opponent useless. The more explosive, deathly weaponry will be confined to the gun on the ship.
Idea's for martian weaponry (need bet:
Sludge rifle: Opponent will be muted (slime on their face) and poisoned.
Pulse rifle: Opponent will be cuffed by an unknown energy, and blinded.
.. I haven't really thought of any more, could use some plant idea's like klayboxx said.

The bulk of the DEATH weaponry will be attached to the spacepod.
Stuff like a laser to take down walls, a laser to stun humans, a laser to attack other pods, a laser to kill, a grenade launcher, stuff like that.
I am devoid of weapon idea's that the martains can have, so if anybody wants to chime in and I'll try my hand at spriting them. Keep in mind that the martian weaponry is what as described.
Maybe, when the martians teleport into an area, it will temporarily disable radio equipment in the area they teleported into? (~5 - 10 seconds?)

I suggest this because I think that the way people treat martians may be similar as to how they treat syndicates or wizards (i.e. every crewmember and his mother rushing to get a piece), and since martians would probably be easily disarmed and weak at first, they wouldn't be able to take on a large amount of people early on.
Also, I coded the functionality of the biomass tank (minus being able to actually do anything with the points it collects).

I posted this in Sundance's sprite thread, but I figured it would also be a good idea to put it here:

MyBlueCorners Wrote:I coded your biomass tank, maybe this will get the ball rolling in coding effort for this idea!

It doesn't connect to anything, but it does store how much DNA it has collected. It rewards the greatest amount of DNA from a living human. I also gave it a little meat-sizzling sound effect.

I put the code/sound file in a .zip here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uqk6moibbfa6bq6
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Maybe, when the martians teleport into an area, it will temporarily disable radio equipment in the area they teleported into? (~5 - 10 seconds?)

I suggest this because I think that the way people treat martians may be similar as to how they treat syndicates or wizards (i.e. every crewmember and his mother rushing to get a piece), and since martians would probably be easily disarmed and weak at first, they wouldn't be able to take on a large amount of people early on.

Don't forget that the martians have their big ship in which ALL the martians are stored, the ship isn't like for one particular martian, it's a team effort. There's no teleporting into an area as such, they just exit from the ship (that's the main difference from Molly's idea and mine, is there's no teleporting and the spacepod)
But you raised a very good point. One of the weapons I was thinking about designing was the sludge gun which would mute the person from screaming, but that's only really any use if you're on your own and you don't want to be heard. If you are all in the ship, you want to be missing kept low from the AI and the screaming mouths of humans, so maybe you start of with an EMP attachment on ship so that it disables cameras and radios when you invade a particular section.
However this is implemented, please make sure the Shuttle Pods are used on Cogmap. I love the idea of the Captain using his personal fighter pod to chase the mothership down, while the assistants and security have to work together to stop the alien invaders.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:However this is implemented, please make sure the Shuttle Pods are used on Cogmap. I love the idea of the Captain using his personal fighter pod to chase the mothership down, while the assistants and security have to work together to stop the alien invaders.

Totally. It's cog's pod's that made me go sprite all this shit in the first place, gave me inspiration for creating the mothership.
Thing is, captains fighter pod, and all the other pods, they're just under 4 times smaller than the actual mothership, so the captain would need some serious back-up.
I'm thinking about designing an anti-spacecraft gun, a missile trajectory launcher that could be ordered through QM, or is in the Special Equipment for the HoS to whip out. Fuck yeah.
Sounds great
Sundance Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:However this is implemented, please make sure the Shuttle Pods are used on Cogmap. I love the idea of the Captain using his personal fighter pod to chase the mothership down, while the assistants and security have to work together to stop the alien invaders.

Totally. It's cog's pod's that made me go sprite all this shit in the first place, gave me inspiration for creating the mothership.
Thing is, captains fighter pod, and all the other pods, they're just under 4 times smaller than the actual mothership, so the captain would need some serious back-up.
I'm thinking about designing an anti-spacecraft gun, a missile trajectory launcher that could be ordered through QM, or is in the Special Equipment for the HoS to whip out. Fuck yeah.

I did try make something like this, but I dident really manage to make my idea good enough so I wish you better luck!

[Image: 2565140_zps7a40243b.gif] [Image: 2565148_zps78ee3945.gif]