Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual wielding guns.
Shooting two guns at once is everybody's dreams. When you are holding two guns you get a new button at the top of the screen which lets you choose among three options:

1) Shoot both guns in the same direction.
2) Shoot at 180°. The gun in your active hand shoots where you click, the other gun shoots in the oposite direction.
3) Shoot only the gun in your actiuve hand (default).

[Image: 3t17ZnY.png]

Code this, make John Woo proud.
yep this'd be both neat and cool + anime
bonus points if I can dual wield extinguishers
maybe something so it alternates which guns you use each shot, so you can switch between emptying one and shooting the other or using them longer but having to reload both
If shooting two in the same direction they should split out a bit after a while, shoot more than 1 scrub
As the premiere dual-wielding HoS, I could use this like yesterday.
[Image: maxpayne3_dualwield_002.jpg]

(yes)
I'm not sure I see the utility, is all. Maybe for tasers since they got nerfed, but for someone like me I'd just waste ammo twice as fast. Most lasers can kill junk in one or two hits anyway, same for revolvers/shotguns.

When you're good with a gun, you only need one.
This is about overkill + being cool, dork. Besides shooting in opposite directions could go for some super double-taser action
Yeah I'd like this just for messing around pretty much. I would love to dual wield RPGs and revolvers as a syndie.
Will I lose both my arms if I try to be cool and load 40mm grenades into dual zipguns?
I really like this idea. I'm sure at one point we've all thought about dual wielding, but disappointed that you could only shoot one gun.

The 180 degree one makes sense, but the dual forward doesn't really, let me explain visually:
So this is how it works now:
[Image: as8INWx.gif]
One projectile fired from one gun.

Shooting both guns in the same direction can be done in two ways. You could do a small re-sprite, such as this:
[Image: QU0Nhw7.gif]
The advantages of this is that the separate projectiles are treated as one, and getting hit with it deals 2x the effects of the projectile.
Or it work like this
[Image: Lix8jpm.gif]
In which a projectile is automatically shot from the other gun almost immediately after the 1st projectile is shot, so it's like a *BLAM BLAM* effect. The cons of this is that the projectiles are treated as separate, and the second projectile could potentially be dodged. The pro's is that it would probably be easier to code, and requires no tweaking of the sprite.

Crumplehat Wrote:I'm not sure I see the utility, is all. Maybe for tasers since they got nerfed, but for someone like me I'd just waste ammo twice as fast. Most lasers can kill junk in one or two hits anyway, same for revolvers/shotguns.

When you're good with a gun, you only need one.

The obvious pro for this would be not using the same gun to dual wield, but having two different guns to shoot two different projectiles at a target. You could shoot a stun and a laser shot at the same time for example. Or you could pull a derringer out click dual wield and potentially pack a serious punch in your shot. The 180 option is clearly for people who WANTS to waste ammo, you could bumrush a crowd and just shoot erratically.
either a toggle switch when you hold guns that makes it either shoot both at the same time, or just auto switch hands whenever you shoot once. either way this should be added at once, all I've ever wanted to do in life is shoot two guns at the same time

[Image: gbGHzAW.jpg]
[Image: GjJiUOx.jpg]
It's a pity the game for Hardboiled(Stranglehold) didn't age well. It was fun at the time.
Sundance Wrote:[Image: Lix8jpm.gif]

This one makes the most sense and is more fair imo