Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merchants sell invisible "robotic upgrade kits"
Oftentimes, the merchant on a merchant shuttle will sell scrap. Among these scrap parts are "robotic upgrade kits."
It has no sprite, and when you examine it, it says:

This is a robot upgrade.
you shouldnt be able to see this!
It is a normal-sized item.

If you stick it in a container, you permanently lose the space in your container. There is no sprite, so you cannot click on it to grab it out of the container.
Quote:This is a robot upgrade.
you shouldnt be able to see this!
It is a normal-sized item.

I legit laughed out loud.
It sounds like the merchant is selling intentional buggy items.
I later found out that it not only takes up a slot, but if you leave it in long enough, it breaks the backpack so you can't take anything out of it.
that sounds like one of those parent items that only exists to give other groups of items their attributes and which is never supposed to physically exist in the game
Sounds kind of like what sometimes happens when borg upgrades, especially the ProDoc, get ejected, they come out invisible and you have to get a human to put them in with a right-click pick up.
Bought some "robotic upgrade kits" from a merchant shuttle that docked, I open the crate and they're invisible along with the description that I shouldn't be able to see this
[Image: BtlzY6t.png][br]
[Image: qOUmPmk.png]
http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=7&t...ade#p29310 - March 2014
Sure would be cool and righteous of you people to mention WHICH MERCHANT IT WAS?
Hufflaw Wrote:Sure would be cool and righteous of you people to mention WHICH MERCHANT IT WAS?

It was the merchant shuttle merchant.
They're randomized.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Hufflaw Wrote:Sure would be cool and righteous of you people to mention WHICH MERCHANT IT WAS?

It was the merchant shuttle merchant.
They're randomized.
smith considering suicide