Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Pills as fuel
I don't know if this is a thing or not, but it would be cool if science could take the pills that already exist, burn them in the engineering furnaces, and have that generate some level of heat depending on reagents.

Maybe require "chemicaly treated wood pellets" instead, so botany has a use (and some of those wood panels have a use) if burning pills sounds stupid.

Of course some pills/pellets would be completely worthless, but being able to take wielding fuel, turn it into a 50 unit pill, and run on that for a tiny bit would be neat.

It would be really inefficient I suppose, but depending on what chemicals are used I'm sure there's some dangerous fire chemicals that could super charge the engine if used correctly.

Also this could lead to some really funny griff if it were possible, like filling every furnace with stabilized firefighting foam, or causing all the pipes to fill with heated thermite and melt (and endless beatings from engineers)

It's already possible to disregard all safety and create dangerous gas mixes, so I don't really see how adding "magic fuel pellets" that can either kickstart the engine or slow it down would make a difference.

This might be a stupid and ignorable idea, or even impossible, but I think to an extent it would be neat.
Idea will hopefully be obsolete soon anyway, if you get what Im implying and if Im not just imagining stuff that was said in irc.
The engine will be changing soon and I don't really see a whole lot of need or use for this feature really. Sorry yo.