Woop Woop, Alert, Ruben Dario HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Ruben Dario
BYOND Username: Heckenchutze
Recommended by (if applicable): I think nobody
Times Available: Depends, it varies, most of the time at night. (Venezuela (UTC-04:30) )

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): Well, i've been playing SS13 since Donut Station with my old BYOND key starting as a clown, why? because i had no idea the horror that was expecting me for such awful choice. Since that terrible accident i started trying all jobs from staff assistant even to captain (Which was awful too). I learned the ropes and rules of the game and after a bad round as a security officer and admin told me to read the space-law, so i did. So after becoming an average player i found security officer the most hard but exciting job around, Why? because you fight crime! .. and even if you're good you won't receive a single 'Thanks' . so when you actually got it by your captain or your team mates it's really
heartwarming because you know you DID a great job, and thats really hard as a security officer. Most of the times you'll fail and will get killed by the traitor or the crew for being a jerk, just one mistake can turn you from station hero to the station vermin, and we all know how 'Vermins' are threated in SS13 especially when they're security.

My reason for application is the fact that nowadays, you don't see a lot of red jumpsuits around, really, none at all, and when you do they're a bunch of rude people who attacks their own team mates to make a point... So the crew with mere oxygen tanks and fire extinguishers have to defend themselves from the horror of the space, such like the syndicate or the changelings. Also without security brig is useless since nobody has access to it without breaking in, and sometimes, some crewmembers need a little time behind the bars to adjust their behaviour. Being the only security officer makes almost impossible to do your job right, armed only with one single taser gun and a stun baton you can't take by yourself an entire syndicate group, even a single traitor is better equipped than you so you'll have to use your brain and not your bad intent of try to robust him. As a HoS i think i would be better prepared to confront such situations and keep and eye on those bad officers who runs around with their stuff in hand, usually ending robbed, killed or whining VIA the sec channel. I'm a really ordered folk, i try to keep the lockers with their lock on and closing the doors since other officers don't give a sh*t about leaving their stuff available to the sloppy hands of an assistant, or leaving the doors wide open for everyone to get in and screw things and eat your donuts, in short words, i want to keep order and keep my team alive and safe.. From the enemies and the own crew. During this time i always used random names so i can understand if you say you never seen me around those times. I picked a permanent name for the HoS application.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): Well, i won't give you a boring explanation of what i do every round as a security officer, all you need to know is space-law is my guide to deal with enemies and the crew, it saved me a lot of times from getting killed/yelled or banned. Im not the type of guard that kills by his own hands, i prefer to brig them, confiscate their stuff and tell the captain/HoS to deal with them, even if they die during the struggle i confiscate their items and send them to cloning or borging (In case they're a really menace as a human) Even by being just a security officer i like to guide my team members telling them what to do and what not, trying to show them how to act properly so the crew won't become another foe . I think my actions will speaks for myself, i've played along a few experienced players and i think so far i haven't do any wrong decision during my shift, aside from patrolling and handcuffing fella's i try to help the station in other areas, such as turning on the cryo cells, bring dead bodies to genetics/robotics or aid the injured in the hallways, for that reason i always carry a first aid in my backpack. When it comes to crewmembers just being jerks i just try to ignore them or in the worst case give them a short tour by the brig, around 60 seconds and let them go with a warning. I've learned that asking first before shooting is well seen (even if you die by doing it) But it will be better than shooting like a crazy bastard to an unnarmed folk to see he was innocent after all. You'll only get a yell and maybe a bunch of people bashing your head or doing you annoying jokes for being a loose cannon. I know how to use properly without abusing the power that a red jumpsuit can give you, and i try to be a nice guy to everyone so at least they feel im not being a total jerk when im cuffing them. Well, i know words don't make facts so im doing a big effort to win your trust to get the job, so i'll let that decision to you guys, to the ones who played along with, the ones who had to confront me as a traitor or other foe, the ones who saw me doing what a security officer is supposed to do or at least trying to. Thank you!

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): In my opinion, if you know how to use them you will find them useful, of course, that doesn't mean you have to abuse them, i think the best tool for security officers its the port-a-brig

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Shrek taught me that donkeys and dragons can actually have babies.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've been banned previously in my old BYOND key for trying to respawn with another account after getting killed, this was, of course, the first time i played SS13, without any knowledge of the rules and such. The ban got removed after a time, fairly enough for me to read the rules and the tips from the wiki.

I apologize for the bad grammar, make such large documents isn't easy when is not your main language
I've Played with him as a security officer a bunch of rounds and the guy knows his shit. Also he is a calm guy and knows how to deal with foe's and jerks properly even when the jerk is the captain itself.

YES.
Managed to play a round with this guy, he was surprisingly good at identifying traitors and making arrests. He also saved my life (Changeling spat acid at me in a toxins-filled burning medbay, what a hero)

He definitely plays just like how he described in his app. I approve.
Conor12 Wrote:Managed to play a round with this guy, he was surprisingly good at identifying traitors and making arrests. He also saved my life (Changeling spat acid at me in a toxins-filled burning medbay, what a hero)

He definitely plays just like how he described in his app. I approve.

Thanks man, im just trying to do my best.

made this in my spare time, wanted to share it:
[Image: fan30g.png]
Okay.