Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borg equipment slot icons dont clear
I found the slots would empty but the icon would remain even after equipping something else, the old icon would be overlaid by the new. First happened when my power got really low & persisted thereafter.
can't reproduce this, need more information
i get this by having tools in my equipment slots and then changing modules before storing everything

i.e. i had an rcd from construction, got my module changed to engineering, then put the rcd away; i lost the ability to use it after putting another tool on (and lost that tool too) even if i went back to construction

or something like that, either way changing modules with unstored tools breaks everything
I got this glitch after being stun batoned. Not sure what else happened to help cause.
I got this earlier today. What happened is the following, in order:

1. Spawned as a borg. Don't know if that matters, although it does mean I had a smaller battery. I did not get it replaced because the roboticist immediately disappeared.

2. Went to Biodome to protect some human explorers.

3. Started running incredibly low on power, had to return to station.

4. Once my power went below ~100-75 or so, I noticed that I could not equip the gear I had in any of my slots, but my power drain rate was very low, like nothing was actually equipped. This was rods and a flashlight in 1 and 2.

5. Went and got recharged, realized that the sprites for the rods and flashlight weren't going away, all my slots were actually open and neither rods nor flashlight were "equipped" in my panel, and the stuff I put in those slots showed up behind it, still selectable and usable like nothing was wrong.

I think the game is automatically deactivating stuff to save the battery once it gets too low, but it seems that automatically deactivating it breaks the whole sprite appearing-disappearing.
Rhydic Wrote:i get this by having tools in my equipment slots and then changing modules before storing everything

i.e. i had an rcd from construction, got my module changed to engineering, then put the rcd away; i lost the ability to use it after putting another tool on (and lost that tool too) even if i went back to construction

or something like that, either way changing modules with unstored tools breaks everything
The overlay and running-out-of-power issue appear to have been fixed, but not the equipment bug. To replicate:

1) Equip a tool.
2) Switch to a different cyborg module.
3) Store the tool. It will now be gone from the original module, regardless of who ends up using it.
4) The rewriter seems to be the only way to fix it.
On the other hand, fixing this would also fix the cyborg's ability to stack flashlights infinitely. Please don't fix.
Dabir Wrote:On the other hand, fixing this would also fix the cyborg's ability to stack flashlights infinitely. Please don't fix.
Yes I love stacking flashlights to become the Lighthouse. Never fix.