Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
misto Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:One-person security teams are going to have an absolutely hellish time catching antagonists, even with the help of the likes of the AI. The chutes definitely help this issue, but given how frequent a deficit of security officers can be, it should be considered.
Segways should be made more available for this reason. Possibly also safer? Like, give em a slower low gear mode that doesn't cause you to get flung off, and a high gear mode that works how it does now.

give security officers and hos and command staff a special ability when using segways... they dont crash and get flung because they are experienced segway drivers

I disagree with this, one of the things that makes SS13 cool is that no staff members have innate skills. Classes don't come with built in bonus and abilities, you just have the right equipment for the job you signed up for.
Sex_Robot Wrote:I disagree with this, one of the things that makes SS13 cool is that no staff members have innate skills. Classes don't come with built in bonus and abilities, you just have the right equipment for the job you signed up for.
There are 2 (3?) exceptions to this rule.
Chaplains.
Clowns.
And I think roboticists (they never seem to mess up on a surgery if going too fast, could just be some major rng luck though)
Roboticists mostly work on dead people, and operating on dead people is easier. If you ever operate on a live patient as a roboticist you'll notice you start fucking up constantly.
Cogwerks Wrote:Gunchat: I'm pretty sure that unlocked armory guns wouldn't be all that bad, with the right ones. Captain's egun or a QM crate of lasers are far more deadly than rubber-slug shotguns and phasers.

QM's don't ship lasers anymore and i'd argue currently a rubber-slugged shotgun is deadlier than the captains gun, due to it being able to reload, do brute and bleed damage AND instastun.

Cogwerks Wrote:I'd like to see more battles of attrition with a lot of weak projectiles flying back and forth and less "oh i got stunned and am now dead a second later" fights. Brutal slugfests are more fun I think. It was fun watching people run around having phaser fights on map preview testing.

I do too, but weapons aren't distinguished enough from each other, just projectile volleyball which can get a bit stale depending. There's also the stun aspect that while is essential for security kinda ruins this whole battle of attrition aspect, and we've yet to find a happy medium.

I'd like to see the riot shotgun reworked if at all possible. I know projectile code has changed, i've seen this code in other servers been showtested with fully automatic rifles. We could do the same with riot shotgun, with spread shots. Remove the instastun, reduce the projectile distance down a ton so it's close quarters and then you have an interesting variation added into the game. Semi-automatic weapons like old school smgs would also be rad.

As for the humble taser, i'd also like that reworked. Remove the confused movement and dropping and instead have a progressively slower speed. The confused movement/dropping after stun completely ruins any form of attrition that you're aiming for, while the slightly slowed speed would still mean they're vulnerable.

Quote:Is the bomb disposal stuff worth having?

Yes and no. I don't think it should go anywhere, but I would like to see thermal resistant armor like bane suggested. The armor should be balanced in that it's weaker than normal armor, and you will get burn damage if on a space tile, but is good for when the station is a freezer and you still need to do your job.
[quote="Sundance"]As for the humble taser, i'd also like that reworked. Remove the confused movement and dropping and instead have a progressively slower speed. The confused movement/dropping after stun completely ruins any form of attrition that you're aiming for, while the slightly slowed speed would still mean they're vulnerable.

I honestly think the taser is OP because it makes you confused and drop whatever your holding even when the stun has wore off. It's terrible and I would also like to see it re-worked/changed
Sundance Wrote:As for the humble taser, i'd also like that reworked. Remove the confused movement and dropping and instead have a progressively slower speed. The confused movement/dropping after stun completely ruins any form of attrition that you're aiming for, while the slightly slowed speed would still mean they're vulnerable

I honestly think the taser is OP because it makes you confused and drop whatever your holding even when the stun has wore off. It's terrible and I would also like to see it re-worked/changed
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Sex_Robot Wrote:I disagree with this, one of the things that makes SS13 cool is that no staff members have innate skills. Classes don't come with built in bonus and abilities, you just have the right equipment for the job you signed up for.
Chaplains.
Clowns.
And I think roboticists (they never seem to mess up on a surgery if going too fast, could just be some major rng luck though)

the natural barman doesn't get to see that there was vodka, beff, initropidril, sarin, monosodium glutamate, cyaninde, imperfect werewolf serum, stinkeye's special reserve, sorium, chlorine trifluoride, methamphetamine, crank, psilocybin, lysergic acid diethylamide, aminatin, grog and cheese in that glass he took a sip out of anymore?
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Chaplains.
Clowns.

chefs have a special mystery-meat foraging skill from gibs

barmen have a special tasting skill

these are modest skills relating to their jobs, and command/sec having a chance to brake their segways rather than flinging off like doofuses is also a modest skill relating to their job. remember-since theyre braking, even the person they would have run into and stunned would be spared from the stun, so this is not a way to freely weaponize the segways as stunning tools.

but i coulda sworn ive seen roboticists mess up occasionally
the reason robotocists never seem to mess up is because it's way easier to operate on someone when they're already dead Spooky
IRL problems: I am unemployed again, my part time job kinda imploded :|
Rent is covered for the month, but having internet access at my apartment would make it a lot easier to get game stuff finished. Here's a thing if anyone wants to help with that, it'd be rad as hell: https://www.patreon.com/cogwerks
(this is not a map ransom note)
Updated again: http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2
- There are FIVE security equipment lockers now, which is awesome.
- A mysterious briefcase in the armory! Not sure if there's actually anything in it or if it's just meant to store super important stuff.
- The HoS gets their own personal segway now. Excellent.
- Cameras on tripods and on treads! Wonder how those will get implemented.
- The monkey pen gets a parrot friend, a monkey suit, a water tank, a monkey dispenser, and generally looks much more lively. There's also a disposals chute leading right into the monkey pen, which is fun and very useful.
- Fire extinguisher containers on the walls!

There are probably some other changes here and there, but there's a lot of general quality-of-life improvements that I like to see. Good stuff, all in all, and I'm curious as to those tripod/tread cameras.
What are those red sleepers in the sec bunkhouse?
Good stuff Cogwerks.
Sex_Robot Wrote:What are those red sleepers in the sec bunkhouse?

Virtual Reality